Chapter 9: One Less Lonely Driver

PREVIOUSLY

Sayuki: "Speaking of Ryosuke, he's actually been in Korea for a bit. So... I decided to invite him to come. He should be in here any minute."

'Ah, it got worse.'

Then, with the best timing in the world, the doorbell rings.

Immediately you see the girls start to freak out. The more extroverted ones start to scream in excitement, while the more introverted ones start to smile in anticipation.

'Ryosuke's really popular huh?'

Y/N: "Alright, I'll get the door."

You get up off of the couch to go and let Ryosuke in. As you walk up to the door, you can still hear the girl's excited chatter. The moment you open the door though, it gets eerily quiet.

Ryosuke: "Ah, pardon for the— Fujiwara?"

His face forms into a look of shock, you chuckle a bit at his expression.

Y/N: "Hey Ryosuke, long time no see."

Ryosuke recovers and gives you a calm look.

Ryosuke: "What are you doing here?"

Y/N: "It's a long story but I actually became a manager here for the girls."

Ryosuke: "Ah... But I thought Sayuki was the manager."

Y/N: "Actually, I manage LE SSERAFIM and she manages NewJeans."

With that, you step aside to let Ryosuke in. You show him into the living room, where you can see all of the girls looking nervous. They all had looks of admiration and were straight up staring at Ryosuke. He immediately leans next to your ear.

Ryosuke: "Fujiwara, why are they staring like that?"

You whisper back to him.

Y/N: "They're fans of you Ryosuke."

He looks at you in surprise.

Y/N: "Yeah, I know right. Who knew idols knew about street racing?"

You both turn back to still see the girls staring. To try and break the silence, you see Sayuki greet Ryosuke.

Sayuki: "Hiya Ryo~, why don't you come take a seat?"

She motions to the open space next to her, which was all the way across the room. Ryosuke stiffly walks over to the seat, trying to avoid all of the girls. You couldn't help but laugh.

'The Great Ryosuke, reduced to an awkward mess because of girls.'

You take back your seat between Eunchae and Yunjin. Despite Sayuki's attempt to brighten the mood, the silence was still as loud as ever. You had no idea how to try and break it, and looking at Sayuki, she didn't know how to either. You are about to try something out there until Chaewon speaks.

Chaewon: "Ryosuke, is it okay if I ask you a question?"

Ryosuke: "Sure... Sorry, I didn't get your name,"

Chaewon turns flustered, embarrassed that she forgot to introduce herself.

Chaewon: "I'm Chaewon, um. Is it true that Y/N beat you in a race?"

He looks at you in alarm, you look at him then flicker to Sayuki. He gives you an imperceptible nod.

Ryosuke: "Actually, yeah he did."

Despite hearing about it earlier, all of the girls, minus Sayuki, gasped in shock. The girls had turned their stares to you, making you a little uncomfortable. Ryosuke had seen this and decided to dig your grave a little deeper.