CHAPTER THIRTEEN: TALK

NOTE: The person up there is Gianna

Damon's POV

Things have been too hectic around the house. Father had just captured some rogues who teamed up with some werewolf hunters. They were trying to enter pack territory but unfortunately for them, the guards who were on watch that day were skilled warriors who had fought many battles.

"I'm so glad you all decided to grace my day with your presence" Father walked slowly around the room, his hands behind his back but the aura that exuded from him was one of danger, thirst for something he didn't want to display yet.

The thirst for blood...

"Brother, you need to remain calm" As soon as my uncle said that, my father's eyes shone red and he growled. The already tense atmosphere became thicker and almost chocking in a kind of way. "You do not address me in such an informal way Edoardo" He roared, his voice echoing through the dark room.

I felt my whole being quake with trepidation. My uncle could only let out a sigh before bowing his head. "I'm sorry Alpha" I watched as he apologized, his body shaking with fear but he did love his elder brother very much and would do anything for him. Father nodded, his features softening before he set his attention on the now screaming hooligans.

He gave out an order for the wolves among the lot to be moved to the cellar downstairs where they would be locked up with the rest of the prisoners whose punishments hadn't be decided yet. I hadn't grown accustomed to the torture passed onto some of the defaulters here at the pack.

"Enough." His voice boomed across the room while the bloody humans winced at the tone. "Take them to Alfonzo, he knows what to do" I glanced at father confused. What did he mean by the pack doctor? I could barely get a word out when he stormed out of the room. I quickly rushed after him and was able to stop him in his tracks.

"What exactly is Dr. Alfonzo going to do, Dad?" I asked and I watched his expression change before returning to its stoic and blank phase.

"You need not worry, son" He called with such effort as if it were heavy.

"Is this about the whole incident with Alyssa and-" I was cut off by the sudden lifting of my body which was slammed against the wall.

"You do not speak of her so casually, do you hear me?!" He roared while I bled from my mouth.

"Answer me!" I wasted no time in muttering a quiet yes. After that, he dropped me and I slumped to the floor, coughing and wheezing due to lack of air from his tight grip on my neck.

"You have no idea what she went through. If I were to be in her shoes, I would not even spare you a single glance" He muttered as he called the healer through the link. I looked up with misty eyes at Dad who looked back at me with nothing but pity and sadness.

"I can't lose her dad, I love her too much" His eyes widened before he sat down on the floor beside me.

"I really hope she accepts you" I was about to point out his previous statement but it's as if he read my mind.

"For your sake" He snarled playfully before bringing my head to his shoulder and stroking my hair. It has been so long since he did this. He may put up a strong, cold front but deep down, he was just a man who wanted nothing else than to be able to protect his family and pack.

"Thanks dad" I said and I could feel him smile as he rested his head on the wall.

"You're welcome Dame"

...

Alyssa's POV

"Tell me that there's a stupid unicorn dropping some shit around this place and I'd believe. Can someone just explain to me what the actual fuck is going on here?" I shouted out, frustrated by the lack of communication as we sat in Stella's living room. We'd come here earlier when the manager was beginning to complain about our presence in the alley.

"We've established that I'm her cousin so what's the point?" Kara shrugged taking another drag before slowly puffing it out.

"The point is, you called me names for no good reason!" I sneered at her while she rolled her eyes, chuckling.

I wish I could just snap her neck and hang in my room...

Brittany growled in opposition to my thoughts. She had always been the peacemaker in our co-existence. Without her, anyone who insulted me would have been my trophies in no less than five minutes.

"How did you guys meet anyways?" Stella shook her head at Gianna's question, clearly enjoying the bickering that has been going on.

"Ask her" I gestured at Kara who eyed me before facing the two curious girls.

"Well, it was an unfortunate event to begin with." She started while I just scoffed silently. As if meeting her was fortunate.

"As you already know, I work different jobs and just last month, got a job down at MVB stores. I'd been having a pretty shitty day already when he came" She stared into empty space, her eyes clouded with lust. I could feel Brittany scowling and I tried my best to control myself.

"Who came?" Stella narrowed her stares at Kara who was far gone in the land of imagination.

"I never got to know his name but he was tall with brown hair and the most beautiful blue eyes I had ever seen" She sighed sadly.

That's it, no more.

"Could you not describe him in such a revolting manner?" I almost hurled while she smirked before continuing.

"He had such strong arms, his eyes doing so many things to my brain and when he talked," She paused letting out a loud groan. "I felt as if it was an angel speaking to me. If only she didn't interrupt me, I'd have bagged him for myself and perhaps, the entire night" She gave me a snare look, causing me to laugh.

"He wouldn't even look at you, talk less having any thoughts of getting down and dirty with you" I said smirking. Now, it was her turn to frown.

Before it could turn to a full on verbal brawl, Stella shouted, "Who the heck is this stupid guy that's making y'all argue?"

"It's Luke" I shouted back. The environment was just too toxic for me to continue staying in so I picked my bag and called up Damon. He's the only one who can grant me comfort now that I felt my blood boiling for reasons unknown to me.

Why isn't he picking up?

I had no other option than to call Luke. "Hey Ally! What's down?" I could hear pots clanking against each other and knew he was in the kitchen.

"I'm down" I let out a deep breath, knowing he was immediately going to be worried and he didn't prove me wrong.

"Are you ok? Where are you? I'll come pick you up" His voice was filled with so much urgency and panic as if I was in serious danger. I heard ruffling and shuffling in the background as he tried to finish up what he was doing.

"I'm at Stella's house and you don't have to be so worried" I bit my nails thinking back to the event which had just taken place few minutes ago. Why should I feel so upset?

He's just my friend.

Right?

RIGHT???

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sorry for not posting the week as promised, I decided to move it up so here.

Vote, comment and share...

Feeling generous, follow

Xoxo...