Chapter 2: The briefcase

Chapter 2: The Briefcase

      As Cassie descended slowly down the dark staircase she could tell something was not right. Whether it was the spy in her or that strange smell that she could not recognize, something was telling her to stop. Cassie stopped just in time because directly in front of her was a mine. One more step and she would have been dead and all the evidence blown to pieces. 

"Great, this whole place is rigged to blow."

Cassie killed the cameras and carefully walked forward. Something still wasn't right so she scanned the room with a special light and found more revolving lasers and heat censors. 

"Amateurs." She laughed to herself.

Cassie turned the mic on in her ear.

"Bobby, it's time to kill the lights."

"You got it Cass."

Within seconds the entire room went dark.

"You have to hurry Cassie the generators will start back up in 2 minutes."

"Got it, thanks Bobby."

Cassie knew there wouldn't be enough time to make it threw the mines and not get blown up in 2 minutes. So she shot a grappling hook into the ceiling and swung herself across the room. She released the grappling hook and back flipped landing just inches from a mine.

"Whew, that was close."

Cassie stood up scanned the room just in case and then ran for the room that held the package. She stopped suddenly because armed guards were in front of the door. 

"Great I just had to use my last can of sleeping gas and those idiots outside."

Cassie the remembered she still had the guards mic. She pulled it out and put it on her ear.

"Hey boys I need some backup outside the girl is here on the roof."

Some of the guards filed out so there were only 4 left.

Cassie pulled out her rifle with a silencer on it. She knelt down low and pulled the trigger shooting the guard directly in his head sending blood flying across the room. When the others came to check on him Cassie shot them too and one after the other they fell to the ground. 

Cassie stood up and made her way to the mysterious room. Just as she figured she'd need a fingerprint so she cut off one of the guards fingers and stepped inside. 

"Easy as 1, 2, 3." thought Cassie.

There was a metal briefcase on the table but it was rigged to blow if you tried to remove it or open it. Cassie crawled under the table and started disarming the bomb. Just as she finished there was a call in on the guards mic she stole.

"Hello?"

"We are on the roof and she is not here, and where are you?"

"I chased after her I'm following her to the south gate."

"On our way."

Cassie hung up the mic. 

"That was just too easy."

She grabbed the breifcase and ran for the door. Time to make a clean exit.