Chapter 9: Debriefed

From Cassie's P.O.V.

I woke up with the sun stinging my eyes. I looked down and saw the note it my hand. I couldn't believe the only thing he sent me was a note, but if he was in trouble that was probably the safest thing for him to do. I couldn't keep the note forever my aunt would find it and turn it in or she would give it to my father. Either way, it wouldn't be good for me or Seth, wherever he was. I look at my phone because I sent a text to Trish before I went to bed. 

Great, the day of the big assignment and I stay up til 5 A.M. I got up and did my usual morning routine. After I got out of the shower I grabbed my lighter and burned the note. I loved Seth but I couldn't risk him getting caught. I don't even know why I felt that way, you know the need to protect him. I mean he didn't do anything wrong. It was just a dumb system malfunction right? My head was hurting from thinking to much, or maybe it was because I stayed up all night on the day of a big assignment either way my head was pounding.

I wanted to take some Aspirin so badly but I couldn't because of protocol. If I was going out in the field I needed to have a clear head meaning no drugs in your system. This was one of the times I hated being a spy. I went downstairs and ate breakfast hoping that would partly get rid of my headache. 

After I ate I was feeling much better. It didn't last long though because while I was eating the wonderful breakfast my aunt made, guess who came over. The C.I.A. Great I mean just fabulous! The doorbell rang and my aunt answered it.

"Hello gentlemen."

"Hello agent Gailyn."  

Once they said that name I knew it was the C.I.A. nobody knew my aunt's name. Every time she told me she made me think it wasn't her real name. I was better off just calling her Auntie.

"We are here looking for miss Cassandra Montegory."

"Yes, please come in."

4 men in black suits came in. Any normal person would be scared to death, but me, I was rarely scared.

"Hello boys, Roger, Felix, Garth, Tony."

They all nodded in recognition and as if on cue they said in sync:

"Miss Montegory."

"Well..." I jumped up out of my seat "...ready to get this show on the road?"

"Right this way Miss Montegory..."

"Alright boys, boys...." I let out a sigh "...what did I tell you to call me?"

"Cassie?"

"Yes that's right, now start from the top."

"Right this way Miss... Cassie?"

"Good job that wasn't so hard was it?"

I walked out the door with the 4 men. Of coarse I was still in my pajama's because all my spy gear (well alot of it) was at the HQ. It was pretty awesome that we rode in a limo on the way there. Most of the time I would already be wearing a swimsuit and just get into the pool when we got to the limo. But this time I didn't feel like changing out of PJ's so I just slept on one of the long couches on the way there. 

When we arrived I hopped out and walked up to the door. I knew most of the people there were staring at me. After all who wouldn't? A young girl in her pajama's with a duffel bag being escorted into a high-security building by 4 huge men. Most of the people even working at the C.I.A. HQ didn't know who I was. I was a secret, A Top Secret.

Once we entered the building I had to go through the works. Sometimes the agents would let me off because the one's handling me were higher agents and they knew who I was. Like I got let of the pat down. I mean come on what would I seriously have on me? I was in very short-shorts and a tank top. I went through the drug test, the x-rays, the metal detectors, etc. 

When I finally reached the top floor I was so bored I could have passed out right there. The agents handed me my clothes and weapons and, one of the advantages of being the directors daughter, I had my own personal room at the HQ. Just in case my life was in danger I could stay there. So I went up to that room and got dressed. My suit was all black and skintight but then again The material would move with me so even though it was skintight It didn't effect my movement. I put my hair in a high ponytail even though I usually took it out from annoyance. I got my gun, daggers, knifes, grenades, etc. Basically I am the ultimate spy, I don't just have the moves, I come with the fireworks.

After I got dressed I was escorted out to the jet.

"Hey Bobby."

Bobby is one of my spy friends he is like 35 but he acts younger than me. He pilots the jet and debriefs me on the way to an assignments.

"Hey Cassie, my spy, my main spy." I hugged Bobby he's like the uncle I never had.

"Alright let's go!"

"Okay so you wanna be copilot?"

"Have I ever said no?"

"Well there was that one time in Cuba with that so-called "Hott Cuban Spy."

"Other than that."

"Not that I can think of?"

"Good then let's go!"

We took off leaving so fast the HQ was out of sight in less than 5 seconds. I love this jet, I do love this jet.

"Okay Bobby, Debrief me."

"Okay so basically your assignment is simple, just like the one you had last time, but with a few quirks."

"Quirks? What kind?"

"Okay remember last time you didn't know the building would explode?"

"Yeah someone left that out." I eyed Bobby.

"Hehe, yeah, anyways, This time you know the building will blow if you screw up."

"Fabulous."

"Yeah this building is giving off so many radioactive signals It's enough to blow the state of Texas, so basically you don't mess up."

"Aren't we in the middle of nowhere?"

"Well another quirk, you see, we are in the middle of nowhere but the radioactivity coming from that place is off the  charts so if it blows there are cities nearby. We are escorting them out but it's just best if we don't blow this place to kingdom come okay?"

"Anything for you Bobby."

""Good, okay another thing, you will have competition on this assignment. Whatever is inside of those cases is important and everyone is playing dirty to get them. So be on you guard and remember if you can't get the case come on out and call me don't do anything stupid just to get the case."

"Anything else?"

"They turned up protocol there are more guards and nobody leaves there posts."

"That's good for me because if nobody leaves all I have to do is find the break in their system and be in and out as quiet as a mouse."

"Don't take any of the vent shafts they are all rigged to blow whatever is inside of them."

"Okay, got it."

"We're here."

I put on my parachute and stepped out on the ledge of the jet open door.

"Be back in a few."

"Be careful Cassie!"

I jumped out of the jet holding my breathe. It felt like thousands of butterflies were coming up into my stomache. Even though I'd done this hundreds of times it still gives me a rush. I was very careful on the way down though. I pulled my parachute and it came out slowing me down. I never landed with my parachute once I was close enough to the ground I would jump.

I Landed safely on the ground about 2 blocks from the building I needed to get in I had to be on my guard though, this place was crawling with spies, assassins, mob lords, thieves, basically anyone who could make money off of the case, wanted to protect the case, or anyone there to protect it's transaction was there. I slipped behind a building and put on an Arabic getup. I made sure I had my eye makeup done perfectly. I was a spy I had to charm people...