Chapter 8: Vanished?

Cassie's weekend went by just as she suspected it would. Her father yelled at her for not listening to him about leaving and she was debriefed for her next assignment. Unfortunately the deal wasn't til next week so this week she had to go to school. 

Cassie was anxious to see Seth, she just couldn't stop thinking about the premiere. When she arrived at school she saw him but as she was walking toward him, Trish distracted her and when she looked back he was gone. She figured she would see him later on but the rest of the day he was gone. She asked all of her friends if they had seen him but they hadn't. So Cassie just figured he got called in on a mission or something important. But through out the rest of the week she never saw him again. Cassie was starting to get worried about him and wondered if her father had done something bad to him.

She kept trying to reason with herself that he couldn't have just vanished. But if he did vanish why did she see him that one day? Why did he leave so fast that day and not even say goodbye to her? After the premiere she figured Seth and her were going to be spending alot more time together but now she wasn't so sure.

It was the last day of school for the summer and the very day before her assignment. Cassie was walking down the hall and someone ran into her but he wasn't someone she'd seen before. Was he a new student? Either way she had to get home because she had to finish prepping for her assignment. When Cassie arrived home she ran up to her room. When she was undressing she found a note in her pocket that wasn't there before. The note said "Don't worry about me Cassie, but be careful on your assignment. Bad people are after you, but don't worry I'm watching you. If you're in trouble I will protect you. " The signature at the bottom just made Cassie practically squeal like a little girl. The note was (as you probably guessed) from Seth Jacobs. Cassie thought back to the kid that ran into her and she wished she had talked to him, she wished she had given Seth a message in return.

"Oh well." said Cassie "What's done is done."

Cassie heard her aunt coming up the stairs and she quickly hid the note. Because as loving as her aunt was she was still suspicious of Seth. Cassie tucked the note under her mattress and jumped in bed.

"Cassie dear are you in bed?"

"Yes auntie."

"Good, now you get your rest you will need the energy tomorrow."

"I know, goodnight auntie."

"Sleep well dear."

Cassandra's aunt left the room and once Cassie heard her aunt go back down stairs she flipped on the light and took out the not. She couldn't help but stare at it. The only evidence that Seth was alright and that he cared about her. Cassie stayed up the rest of the night just staring at the note and she knew in that the morning she would regret it.

P.S. The pic is of Cassie's aunt who is also a spy.