Chapter 7: Tell Me!

Cassandra stood on her Aunt's front porch and watched Seth drive away. If she was quiet enough she could get in the house without her aunt noticing and hopefully her father hadn't called. Sometimes Cassandra loved being a spy but sometimes she hated it and just wanted to be normal. This was one of the times she liked being a spy.

Cassie walked around the back of the house her room was on the second floor. Cassandra had to be careful though because since she was a spy and lived with her aunt her aunt's yard was rigged with lasers and heat censors just in case someone tried to kidnap her. However Cassie has sneaked in and out lots of times so she knew where everything was. She hopped over the trip wire and made sure to keep her back straight against the house as she walked. There were about 3 cameras so she shined her laser and they went blank so she could slip through. Then there were the heat censors, Cassie took out a can of liquid nitrogen and froze them temporarily so her aunt wouldn't suspect anything. Then she  climbed a tree that was just tall enough for her to reach her room. She killed the laser on her windowsill and slipped inside but she got her dress snagged on a branch. 

"Oh great, I'm gonna have to tear my new dress." She pulled out a tiny knife she always kept with her but instead of cutting the dress she cut the branch and when it cut through she untangled her dress.

"Bravo darling but next time don't hurt my tree." Said Cassie's aunt.

"Hello auntie." Cassie said knowing she just got caught. "...Did My Father call?"

"Yes Cassandra he did."

"Oh, so you know about everything?"

"Yes Cassie, now I was expecting you home 2 hours ago so why did you stay with that boy?"

"I don't think he's bad auntie. I think maybe dad was just mistaken."

"Cassandra dear, not all bad people seem to be bad. You should know that after being a spy since you were a little girl."

"But auntie he is a good guy!" 

Cassandra's aunt just rolled her eyes. 

"Well nevermind that we can talk some other time, anyway one reason I was waiting for you is because you were called in for another assignment."

"Ok? Well what is it?"

"You must interfere with another transactions."

"Another briefcase? I mean come on really! What's the use of stealing these things if I don't even know what's inside them!?"

"Cassandra I know you have many questions but I think if we..."

"No! If someone doesn't tell me what I'm taking I'm not stealing another one of those things. Do you really think I'm gonna risk my neck for something I don't even get to see?"

"Cassandra stop being a child you know telling you is against orders."

"Please auntie, i'm begging you to tell me. Besides you told me stuff before."

"Cassandra..." her aunt sighed "...times are different what is in those cases are dangerous. If you know their contents bad people could come after you."

"Dangerous? So what like a weapon or something like that?"

"Cassandra are you hearing me?"

"Yes I'm hearing you but you know I can handle myself. I've trained my entire life for this if I never get to use what I know I will lose it."

"So you want to deliberately put yourself and possibly those you case about in danger?"

"You know what! Yeah, yes I do I want to do something stupid and crazy and not think about the consequences and learn a freaking lesson! I want to not be so sheltered and protected and watched! I'm not 3 years old I'm 17!"

"Cassandra, I know your not 3, but do you really want that burden. To know the world depends on you for something you don't know you can handle?"

"Auntie... please?" 

"Are you sure Cassandra?"

"Yes, I am."

Her aunt sighs. "Okay then fine, but if you tell anyone your life will never be the same Cassandra. However I will tell you because I trust you. But now you must really be on your guard Cassie. Anyways, inside each of those cases are parts to a weapon and one part of a code that can unlock the master program to activate and initiate that weapon."

"A weapon? What kind of weapon? Like a nucular missile?"

"Yes, and Cassandra if this missile fell into the wrong hands it could change the world as we know it. This missile has the power to destroy the entire country of Russia."

"Wow, that's pretty powerful. So your telling me if can't be set off unless you have all the pieces and the codes?"

"Yes Señor Travon had 1 of the pieces that he was selling that was the transaction you interfered with. But there are 4 pieces all toggether. Also we are not the only ones trying to get our hands on these parts so you might have some competition in this next deal."

"I'll be careful. Thanks for trusting me auntie."

"Your welcome Cassandra you mustn't tell anyone else though. And Cassandra?"

"Yeah?"

"Be safe and goodnight dear."

"Night auntie."

 P.S. if anyone want to know who that is a picture of it's a picture of Trish.