Chapter 10: You Again?

I cautiously moved through the crowds, but I was careful not to arouse any attention. After all I was just a block away from a building that could blow this entire city if I messed up or got caught.  I felt a hand grab the back of my arm. I jumped away because of reflexes and was about ready to hit whoever it was.

"Excuse me Ma'am" The man sounded like he was arabic.

"So...um...Sorry." I tried to sound arabic as much as possible.

"Not a pwoblem."

"Well... What do you want?"

"Ooh!... Sorry Madam but you looked  familiar."

Now that I was up close he looked familiar as well, but I wouldn't admit it because he looked like someone I'd met as a spy and if I did recognize him it could blow my cover.

"Oh well, sorry to waste you time but I don't think we've met before."

"But you look just like someone I've met before, if only I could remember  who maybe..."

Cassie cuts hm off.

"Well maybe you know my sister." I thought this was a good idea since I didn't have a sister but most people buy into that kind of cover up crap. This guy was no exeption. He just shook his head as I walked away from him and he stared daggers at me the whole way. I couldn't quite walk up to the building with a guy watching my every move, so I weaved through the crowd and eventually was out of his sight.

I looked over my shoulders one more time to make sure I lost him for good and then headed for the building. I climbed up the building closest to my target. Once I was on the room I figured there would be at least some roof security with such a trade off going on, but I guess they're trying to keep it low key. I walk over to the ledge and taking the gun from my belt under my arabic getup and shoot a grappling hook over to my target building. It lodges itself into a wall on the other roof. I loose my costume and seperate my grappling hook from my gun and secure it to a metal beam on the building I'm standing on. I tug at the rope to make sure it's secure enough to climb on, it wouldn't end well for me if the hook came loose and I tumbled to the ground from 40 feet in the air. Once I figured it was safe enough I climbed on the rope and fastened myself with my belt around the cable. As I start to climb fthe rope from one building to the other I get very cold with the wind blowing me as I climb. My hands are like ice but I know I can't let go to warm them, so I just climb for what seems like forever until I reach my target.

I make sure I'm good and secure onto my target building before I even attempt to take off my belt. I scan the roof for any signs of security and start feeling a bit worried. One question that keeps invading my mind... Where is the security? I replace my belt on my hips and start trying to find a way in. I walk up to the door on the room, I don't know why but I reach out and turn the handle and it opens. I keep feeling like something is wrong, Where are the lasers?, The gaurds?, Why would such a top secret handoff be so... unprotected? The stillness in the air is alarming. I spray  the air actually hoping to find lasers or heat censores but the mist disappears revealing... nothing? It's so strange that I'm about to flee the building running when I here a click behind me... I know that sound, the sound a loaded gun being held behind me.

"Turn around slowly and keep your hands behind your head."

I knew that voice, the same voice I'd heard last time I was here. You could tell he was using something to alter his voice though same as he did at the last hand off.

"Well I was about to think I missed the party." I say as I turn around with my hands in the air and slowly tuck them behind my head. I see his eyes go down for a second because the black leather outfit I was wearing had a very low neckline and having my hands on my head didn't help things.