Chapter Four

"Hey, can we meet later?" She frowned even though the conversation was taking place on the phone.

There was a short pause "We can meet at my place now if you want."

She heard traffic and people taking "Are you even at your place?"

''Um I'm heading now actually"

Where had he been already? Then she knew it wasn't her place to ask anything like that.

"I was finishing some papers in the consulate" He seemed to read her mind.

"Ezra, thank you for doing this" She started "I really appreciate it but if you don't have time, I totally get it and-"

"No, it's perfectly fine" He cut her off.

She took a deep breathe trying to steady her thoughts "Thank you"

"So by 6?'' He asked almost grinning on the other side.

She saw the perfect gift in the shop opposite to her "Perfect"

''Great" He said assuming that she answered.

:

She stood at the door steps confident about what she was doing and hearing the door bell ringing made her more sure that what she was doing is just favorable.

She stood there some time still no one get it. She looked at the gift in her hand , it was wrapped in a unique way with yellow and silver.

"Okay" She huffed quietly going to the back door.

As she gets closer she hears hammering and stops as she sees the sight of him. His back was facing her , he was shirtless , around his jeans a waistband full with hammers and beetles. He was standing on the ladder facing the roof of the extended room they have at the back of their house.

He looks so peaceful, she thought.

With the tiny noise she made, he quickly turn around "Aria!"

''Hey" She half-waved looking at the ground rather than staring at him.

There was a long pause waiting for her to say how she magically stepped in the house of the scariest people in town.

"I-I was just searching for Alison" She stuttered seeing him get down and walking towards her.

"She's not home" A strand of his gold brown hair fell on his face making him more cozy.

"Uhh, okay I'll catch her later" A creepy blush appeared on her face but this time no thick long hair to hide it.

"She'll be back very soon if you want to wait" He said removing the waist-band.

Please I beg you to stay.

"Yeah" She answered mindlessly then started cursing herself.

She was surprised by her answer as he was.

"You want to...get in?" He noticed her flickering at the room "Yeah, I was just fixing the roof. It can wait. No rush" He tried to act cool but failed as always. The only thing that helps that his face doesn't show much emotions.

She sat on the stool in the kitchen "you want something?"

"No thank you, I'm okay"

He put infront of her a coke and started drinking his "A gift?"

She looked down "Oh, yeah. For Ali, I suppose" She let out a small laugh "A Diary"

"Hello may I help you" A short lady with a cheerful smile approached her