Chapter Ten

The voice of some beeps woke her up. She looked around, it took her some time as her eyes were blurry. "What the-'' She is in ER, nurses coming and going, and so much noise that her dizzy mind couldn't handle.

"How are you feeling now?" She looked up seeing a young nurse checking her blood pressure and, what now she felt, as bruises in her left arm and forehead.

"Yeah, fine." Aria replied "What happened?" She remembers getting a cab with Spencer.

Flashback

"There you are" Spencer grabbed Aria's hand walking fast towards a cab giving her a questionable look.

"Everything is done perfectly" She assured her "What did you find?"

Spencer eyes brightened "You'll be surprised" She squealed quietly.

"Okay, I will call the girls to meet us at The Brew." Aria called Hanna first getting in the cab with Spencer.

"Em will be a little late" She told Spencer closing with Emily. They were half way there and suddenly a car appeared from their left and stopped infront of their car.

"Stop!" Aria screamed but it was too late, as the driver turned right quickly causing the car to bump into a Stop sign which fell on the front glass of the car making a loud crash.

Spencer's hands trembled to open the lock of the car "What is that smell?" She whined hysterically as gas filled the car...

She looked up at the nurse whom she didn't hear anything from what he said.

"M-my friend..." She swallowed hard.

"She's okay" He smiled "She's just checking you guys out" He looked around "There she is" Spencer approached them and Aria could see clearly the bruises in her left arm and cheeks.

"Hi" She whispered quietly receiving a weak smile from Aria.

As soon as the nurse left "What the hell happened?!" Aria screamed whispering.

"The gas... it left us unconscious" Spencer started looking around "A...Whatever he or she, A took the flash drive" She received uncertain look from Aria "Rhys knew Jason. They exchange mails. There were photos of Melissa and Bethany." She closed her eyes in frustration "Everything is gone. Every proof about the connection between them is gone. Vanished!" She snapped making some eyes turn towards them.

"Oh my god" Aria touched the bruises on her forehead and winced in pain, doesn't know if it is from what she had just heard or from the bruises. "Where is Hanna and Emily?" She suddenly remembered that they were supposed to meet up with them.

"Emily is not answering and Hanna-" She was cut off by Hanna and Caleb marching towards them.

"Ohmygodguyswhathappened?" Hanna heart was beating very fast as she spoke. Caleb held her hand "Did you see any faces?" He asked concerned "Do you remember anything that could help?"

Both girls shook their heads and hugged Hanna. "Did you tell my mom?" Aria asked Hanna. She didn't want for her to worry more that she already was. Since the Doll House incident and they were trying to avoid the topic. Facing things was hard. Speaking of which, she saw Jason and Alison coming towards them.

Caleb looked at the girls "Ali was with Jason already when Hanna called her."

They locked eyes for a split of a second but he quickly broke the needed eye contact. He was supposed to be on the plane right now, he was already in the airport when Hanna called. Sometimes he can't believe how pathetic he was; he left everything to come and check on her. He couldn't leave while knowing that she was hurt.

"We should tell the police, this is getting way out of our hands" Alison's voice brought him back to reality.

"I hope you are feeling well now." Jason intended to speak to both girls at the same time.

"Yes" Spencer hugged Jason "How did you get here? Like you were supposed to be on a plane now or something?" She grinned nervously.

"Umm" He adjusted his beanie looking down "I wanted to check on you and Ali...like I didn't want to leave her so soon" He swallowed hard but still managing to keep his emotionless facial expression on point.

"It is good you are here" She needed to know from him this time. Not Rhys, not Melissa, just her brother.

:

Jason drove the girls back to their houses, made sure to drive Aria the first one. She felt hurt that he was ignoring her, still she couldn't feel how much pain he was in. He felt frustrated knowing that he can't do anything, maybe because he doesn't know the whole story...or can't remember.

"I'm heading to me room. Do you need anything?" He asked Alison entering their house.

"No. Thank you" She smiled.

"Jason"

"Yes?"

"Thank you for staying"

His heart skipped a beat at her words, he couldn't believe that he actually thought of leaving her at this time in her life. He closed his bedroom door after him, taking of his jacket and beanie. He let out a sigh dialing the number "Hey how is it going? ... I know I canceled at last minute... I will be checking up every day...Okay then the team will go to Rwanda...Good good... I will make sure that Max will get the rest...bye" He threw his phone on the bed and opened the hot water for a long waited shower.

It is his business, it is his charity, he want to keep it going well and he has a lot of plans for it. He looked at himself in the mirror and then at the scar that changed many things.

"Erica" He said as soon as she picked up "You guys in the same place? Okay I'm coming."

:

"Perfect" Hanna mumbled looking at her outfit and robe for the graduation. She kept her hands on her waist while checking out her hair; it is a medium length but she was thinking to put some extensions to make it taller.

"Ready for life post-grad?" Caleb wrapped his arms around her, both looking at themselves in the mirror "We look so good" She let out a small laugh and peaked his lips.

He has been living with her since the accident and she's more than okay with it. She can't wait till they rent their own apartment and start their new life away from here.

Caleb closed the lights and they headed to the bed, she checked on Spencer and Aria, looked at Emily's reply I'm ok. Sth just came out. She has been acting weird for some time, but they all are.

"Hey" Caleb's voice caught her attention "This box came this morning" He handed her a nicely wrapped box from under the bed.

"You opened it?" She teased.

"Well just to make sure-" She cut him off with a smile. She knew what he meant and always appreciate that he tries to keep her safe.

"What is tha-" The dress she once saw, that expensive dress she loved, that dress in the store where she bumped into Rhys. "Oh my god!" She whispered terrified.

"I think it is a gift from your father" Caleb grinned "As he can't come to your graduation" He continued.

She smiled quickly hiding the card she found until Caleb went to sleep. She looked at it with trembling hands:

Please accept this humble gift that I hope to see it on you in person.

Fondly,

Rhys

:

Hello guys! I'm back and I hope you love this chapter xx Don't forget that some things will be different than from the show. Enjoy!