Chapter Twelve

In a far distance it looks creepy, maybe even a bit unconventional. It can be due to the departure of the employees; as the clock now ticks to 10:30, or to the concealed business down in a room hidden inside the spacious CEO office.

Jason sat there flipping the papers in front of him back and forth.

"Did you find anything yet?" The voice opposite to him sitting on his laptop clearly as puzzled as Jason, nudged his attention.

"No, not yet" He replied

"Take it easy. They know that it is a hard case" The man stood up moving to sit next to Jason.

Jason let out a deep breath "I just don't get it; why Sara is pretending to be Bethany" He rubbed his forehead "Rhys...maybe Sara knew from a source, a confidential one, that no one knows the Bethany's case and she took advantage of this situation"

"With bigger aim, not directed to these girls, but to-" He cut himself off flipping quickly throw the papers until he pointed to a name "Do you have any idea who's Charlotte-with no surname-?"

They both moved to the laptop looking at the sealed program marked at the end of the pages to state its authoritative belonging.

"It's strange" Jason frowned "There's not much information about her. The only Charlotte in the system is to a girl who was committed to Radley Sanitaruim at the age of 16 and died 4 months later"

"Overview..." Rhys began reading the only description written on the screen "She showed extreme contradiction between hostile actions and sweet calm ones. Blonde hair. Blue eyes. Visitor: unidentified"

"No place and time for the claimed death"

"Visitors are always identified for patients' safety"

"No picture and very general information"

"No background check"

Jason and Rhys looked at each other obviously on the same ground on what to do next.

:

Jason heard the click sound, he is used to hearing for about a year now, knowing the Rhys came with their food. He cleared the desk putting the file back in order to give to Aria again, after copying what's needed.

"I talked to agent Sean and an access and permission shall be granted by tomorrow" He updated Rhys as he put the food down.

"No more work related" He grinned looking at the food.

Jason laughed and joined him. They both been partners for about a year now and they've been through a lot together. Jason always feels grateful for the rehabilitation program for introducing him to his-now- best friend and work partner. It is definitely the turning point that put his life on the right track.

"So..." Rhys began winking to Jason "Any progress with the lady"

"Well if you are talking about Aria, so it is a no. But... if you are talking about your lady friend, I believe it will be a never" His tone changed into a warning one.

Rhys grinned at him not responding.

"I am serious Rhys" Jason started "Don't have your hopes up on Hanna. She's unavailable" The last sentence ringed a bell in Jason mind, and not a nice one.

"I can't help it. I really like her." Rhys turned facing Jason all very serious now "I know giving scholarship and being friends were part of the plan, but as you know the scholarship part is doomed and also the friends thing" He shrugged.

Jason knew what he meant and he was sure that he won't be able to make him change his mind "Anyways..." He got up grabbing his jacket and the file. Before he walk through the door he felt that he must turn again to his friend "Don't" As fretful as his facial expression was Rhys has still made up his mind.

:

She tucked a loose strand of her red wig behind her ears and smiling to the person approaching her "On time as usual" She grinned.

"Go to hell" The shadow of the person followed her outside leaving a flash disk on the table.