Chapter Eight

"Yes hi. I was wondering if I could make an appointment with Mr Rhys this afternoon."

"Okay I'll wait" Spencer sighed biting her lips.

"Mr Rhys isn't available this week but Miss Melissa Hastings can be with you tomorrow morning" The voice on the other line said.

"It would be great" Spencer cursed herself "11 will be perfect. Melanie Hellings. Thank you" She put down her phone groaning.

It was supposed to be a fake appointment with a fake name for a quick scan at the company and hopefully any important information, but apparently the other Hastings will be the host.

She quickly grabbed her phone again "Hey! Caleb I need a favor"

"I want you to get any info about Jenna and Melissa's involvement in Carissimi's group"

"Yes and see if there's any other person involved"

"Great. See you" She hanged out "Okay I need a backup plan"

:

"I don't know, sometimes I feel that he's overprotective" Alison explained to Aria.

They were sitting at Ali's room the morning after Christmas, Aria trying to be a friend to Ali and Ali wanted someone she could open up about everything.

Aria sighed "Honestly I've never seen anyone do these crazy stuff, he really loves you."

"I don't know Aria" Alison crossed her arms "Sometimes I feel that he's hiding stuff from me."

"Stuff like he wont return until the case is closed" She raised her eyebrow.

"The case is technically closed but he want to close it in his own way" She was silent for some seconds "You know that Noel actually came face to face with Sarah Harvey"

"What?" Aria snapped "Why you didn't tell us this before?"

"Well you didn't gave me a chance" Stating to their last encounter.

Aria's thought drifted away to the Doll House memories but Ali's phone made her come to reality.

"Noel" She whispered excited to Aria.

There was a knock on the bedroom door, Jason's head popped up "Hey" His eyes moved from Aria to Alison.

She stumbled in her place not knowing whether to jump at him or to stay in her place. Oh god smile!

Her goofy grin made its way to her face.

Alison turned to face her brother putting the phone in her pocket "I have to go" He looked at he waiting for an explanation "Uhh a job interview" She smiled.

Aria decided to shut up understanding that Alison didn't tell Jason yet about Noel, knowing that he will freak out as to the insane things he did in the past.

She looked at Aria "Let's go?"

Before she can answer Jason replied "Actually I need some help with-" He stumbled with words.

"Yeah..." Aria jumped from her place "The stuff you told me about"

"Yeah these stuff" The tried to hide the sarcasm in their voice.

"Okay. I got to go anyway." It's strange that Ali buys that but seems that a lot on her mind right now. Aria thought.

"Bye" She waved to Ali, all getting out of her room.

"Ali" Jason called out making Ali looked at him frozen in her place on the stairs "Take care"

She nodded beaming.

It seems that not only Noel is the overprotective one. Her mind mumbled again.

"So.." He turned to her as soon as the door was shut.

"So" She blushed entwining her fingers together trying to look anywhere but at him.

He didn't hesitate for a second, he grabbed her kissing her bringing her closer to him that the space between them faded with less than a second.

"Ja-son" She tried to say between the kisses.

"What" He said quickly not breaking the kiss.

"Nothing nothing'' She giggled wrapping her legs around him.

:

They didn't discuss their relationship, like will they go public or dating in secret. It annoyed him especially after Hanna called Aria to ask her something and she replied that she's at home and he can see that she has no intention to tell anyone.

"Aria"

"Yes" She replied quickly placing the papers back on the table.

"What do you think?"

She looked back at them and then at him "This is great. I didn't know you have plans at opening your own charity for food and supplies. I'm very happy for you"

He beamed then returned quickly to his own self, he have plans, things he want to achieve before even crossing paths with Aria "Yeah I'm finishing some papers tomorrow and I'd love it if you are a part of this" God he thought about this discussion all day, how she will react; will she freak out or refuse politely.

She was truly surprised they have been together for about what? Two days? She knows that they didn't mention anything about how this will work. It's complicated. "Umm I'm applying for college, Jason. I know that there's no reply till now but I want to finish first"

He shook his head disappointedly "I understand"

A long awkward pause from both of them. A feeling inside of him started questioning if this was a good step, to be with the girl of his dreams. He started to think he was better off without her, without thinking millions of times before saying anything that would make her uncomfortable. He's not okay worrying to much being himself.

"Aria"

"Yes" She bit her lips getting up to take the dishes to the sink, nervous to look at his face.

"Please sit" He held her hand pulling her down closer to him "Why you didn't tell your friends about us" He said after a shaky breath.

"Because umm-" She stumbled with words "I think I-"

"You think it's better off kept secret like everything" He cut her off.

You DID NOT get there!

"Yes Jason" She groaned getting up "Because everything is bad and complicated enough and I don't think I can bear another burden"

"Burden?" He tried to keep his voice as normal as he can, but they both know the hurt has been done.

The air from her lungs frozen for a second and heat risen to her face "No...I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine I get it" He got up slowly and turned away, stopped and turned back facing her "I guess then we made a mistake"

When she looked at him she saw nothing, not hurt, not fear, nothing.

You all know the scene where the girl gathers her stuff, walk all the way to the door with silence filling the air, closing the door behind her wishing he would stop her. He closes his eyes in pain the moment the door shut. It's a 3 second scene but for them time slowly pushes its way shamefully to arise every feeling and adrenaline rush.

:

The black coat was put down to the barely standing chair, the squeaky voice of the old wooden floor rises with the steps of the shoes leaving mud trails.

Nothing will be the same, darling

Xx

Sent.