Chapter Seven

She kept dragging her feet until she reached the cashier, she placed the printed jumper on the table feeling the Christmas spirit already; remembering that Mike liked that Nike converse and it was the last thing on her list.

"Thanks" She smiled taking the bag from the lady at the cashier.

"Fancy ha?" She bumped into the unwanted person to crush her Christmas spirit. Erica.

Her staring on her Bershka bag caused her anxiety to rise. "How-w you doing?" She asked shortly hoping this conversation will end as quickly as A appears and disappears.

"Perfectly fine" She answered popping the 'p' letter.

Aria nodded slowly "Okay nice seeing y-" She was cut by Erica.

"Why don't we see you with Jason anymore?" Her sassy mouth spoke "Like we're together 24/7 and we truly enjoyed your company last time, though you didn't talk much"

Yeah because you were having the spotlight. She thought to herself.

"I was kind of busy" She kept tapping her feet. It's Christmas, be nice. She reminded herself.

"ERINA CASSE" An woman in her 40s gestured towards them.

Erica is short for Erina Casse. She bit her lips preventing herself from laughing.

"Oh hi" The woman smiled reaching her hand out for Aria "You must be Erica's friend, I'm her sister Emilia"

Aria looked at Erica, whose face was more red than an erupted volcano, and then back at her sister "Nice to meet you"

After an awkward silence Aria found an opportunity to get out of this crap situation "I probably should go" She received a nod from Emilia and a rolling eyes from the other.

She turned to leave hearing 'Merry Christmas' from the sister and she nicely waved to her smiling.

"God I need to get out of this town" She mumbled to herself.

:

Walking back home, she remembered the conversation she had with Jason and hearing him hesitate on the other side of the phone before replying and the breath he took in every pause between them. She blushed beaming to herself. A plus one she made this stupid Erina jealous!

A Santa was standing in a corner with kids and teens around him "Choose a card having a message that all you need for Christmas is it"

What is it? Some kind of magic? She decided to try her luck as a long of adults seem to believe that too.

She picked a tucked green card feeling the excitement of a 3 years old kid while opening it.

Oh my sweet torment,

No point in fighting, you start again

I'm just a worthless being

Without him I'm a bit troubled

I wander around alone on the subway

A last dance

To forget my great misery

I want to get away, everything to start again,

Oh my sweet torment

Someone thinks about those exact lines everyday, I wonder what he did to deserve this misery...Merry Christmas xoxo