Piper Mclean

Third outfit

                       Third outfit.

******IMPORTANT CLARIFICATIONS!!! PLEASE READ:
-THIS STORY HAS A LOT OF MAJOR FLAWS, BUT PEOPLE SEEM TO LIKE IT ANYWAYS SO IMMA GONNA GO AHEAD AND JUST WARN YOU:
     -THIS STORY HOLDS LITTLE TO REALITY AS FAR AS THE GOVERNING SYSTEM OF ROME AND GREECE GOES. I REALIZE THAT MONARCHIES WERE NOT PART OF THEIR SYSTEM, BUT THEY ARE IN THIS STORY
     -THIS STORY WAS WRITTEN BEFORE SOLANGELO AND NICO'S COMING OUT, SO THAT IS LACKING IN THIS STORY AS WELL.
     -AGES ARE WACKADOODLE IN THIS STORY. THERE IS A SPECIFIC CHAPTER DEDICATED TO EXPLAINING THIS.
     -I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RESPOND NEGATIVELY TO EXCESSIVE CUSSING. IT IS JUST NOT SOMETHING I APPRECIATE.
     -THANK YOU FOR READING THIS STORY. SORRY IT'S KIND OF WACKY. ENJOY ANYWAYS!**********

Piper sat in her chambers, trying to hold her head upright. Annabeth was brushing her hair. The sun was starting to set, and rays were peeking through her sheer curtains. A cool evening breeze drifted through her bedroom. Annabeth hummed a Grecian hymn under her breath.

"Do you have to tug so hard?" she complained. Annabeth chuckled and didn't answer. She set the brush down, and smoothed Piper's hair. Her fingers moved nimbly through Piper's waves, braiding it up into a fancy bun above Piper's head.

"Stand up and give us a twirl," Annabeth insisted. Piper rose from her seat, and Piper spun gracefully. Her elegant white gown fanned out around her and Annabeth cooed.

"You look beautiful. Let me add some final touches and we'll get you to that ball." Piper sat back down, and Annabeth began weaving pearls into her hair. Piper closed her eyes, drinking in these last few peaceful moments.

In a few minutes she would be attending a ball in celebration of her twenty-second birthday. All the nobility in the kingdom would be there to celebrate. Some would find that exhilarating. Piper found it dull and pretentious.

"You're all set," Annabeth. "Knock em, dead Pipes." Piper rolled her eyes.

Piper took her time walking the halls of the castle. She could already hear the commotion of the party. She couldn't delay for long. Her father would be cross if she missed too much of the celebration. She reached the top of the staircase into the grand ballroom. She glided down the stairs, as she had been coached to since she was nine years old, and when the crowd caught sight of her, they all shouted;

"All hail the Princess!" Which she found irritating, but she was smart enough not to say anything about it. The party was huge. It seemed that not only the nobility, but the entire kingdom, had come to celebrate. And though it cramped the ballroom, Piper was pleased. Perhaps her dad did listen to her rants about class equality after all.