Piper

"Princess!" Piper whirled around. It was Travis, a castle servant.

"What Is going on?" she demanded.

"The castle is being attacked. I have orders to bring you to safety." He grabbed Piper's arm, and pulled her down the hall.

"Conner and Miranda are already at the cellar," he explained.

"And Katie?" he saw Travis force down a sob, trying to be brave. she knew he'd had a crush on her for forever.

"We can't find her. I have my orders. I can't-" Katie dashed out of the laundry room. She quickly checked both directions. When she saw Travis and Piper, she let out a sob of relief. She ran forward, throwing herself into Travis' arms.

"Katie!" He held her close. When they pulled apart, he pulled her in and kissed her so passionately, Piper squealed. Out of nowhere, the window next to them shattered. Piper screamed and hit the ground. When she was sure it was safe, she looked up. She almost choked.

Katie screamed. An arrow had shattered the window. It had flown straight through and pierced Travis in the heart. Travis was wide-eyed, looking down at the splotch of blood that was slowly spreading across his chest, staining his shirt. He glanced up at Katie. He gasped softly, like he was having trouble breathing.

"I love you," he whispered. His eyes rolled up into his head and he collapsed to the ground. Katie screamed again, and dropped to the ground again. Suddenly, another arrow flew through the window. It bounced off of the wall and fell to the ground, useless. If Katie hadn't dropped, she would have laid dead next to Travis.

Piper heard voices down the hall. She scooped up the body of Travis, and Katie cried out.

"Katie, you have to be strong. Travis was a good guy, and I'm sorry for you, but if we don't leave now, we'll both die, and I'm sure Travis wouldn't have wanted that. The most we can do is take the body back to his brother." Katie sat in shock, processing. Piper sighed, exasperated. She seized Katie's arm and dragged her down the hallway to the cellar, still lugging Travis' cold dead body.

A/N

Yeah, sorry. This was your first dead body of many. I warned you...