Chapter 4

I show my wristband to the tall man in black as we enter the outdoor concert, stopping to get my wristband for alcohol.

I step in and take a look around there is a tall steel fence that surrounds the whole concert area. People are walking around with alcohol in their hands, while some are seated on the cheap white chairs provided. The stage is large and has a black curtain surrounding it to block the wind. Bright neon lights are shining through the crowd along with songs as we wait for the concert to start.

Blake grabs my wrist pulling away from the group.

He points with his head to the concert. I take a quick look in that direction spotting our exs making out on the chairs provided.

I scuff and turn back to Blake.

"Forget about them." I say grabbing his hand. "Lets get some drinks."

He laughs and follows me to the beer tent.

I think he is actually being affected by the fact that they are together, I don't really care because I'm over Christian.

Blake on the other hand, I don't think is over Jenna. They had a longer and more serious relationship. I think he wants me to be mad at Christian for being with her so that he can be mad at Jenna for being with him. I'm going to get Blake some alcohol so he can move on though.

We get in the line and Clark comes up and stands behind us with Rick.

"Alena, Blake this is Rick."

I smile at Rick and he slightly smiles back. Blake brings me to the table and buys me a drink.

Keith comes up to us, smiling.

"Hey guys." He says.

"Hey." I say with a smile.

I look behind Keith and see Daisy waving at me.

"I'll see you guys later." I say and pass Keith patting him on the shoulder.

His muscle felt great against my hand.
I walk to Daisy.

"Come on!" She says and starts to walk behind Crystal, Hanna, Cody, Bobby, and Mason.

I quickly catch up to her and we walk up to the front.

A band hasn't even started yet but we like getting at the front for when they do.

I see Mason reach back and Daisy grabs his hand.

I narrow my eyes at Daisy but she isn't looking at me.

We get to the front and I start to drink my beer.

I feel hands come around my waist from behind me.

I turn around and see Clark.

"Hey babe." He says.

We probably look like we are dating but we aren't even close to that.

The only history we have is one night at a party we hooked up but we were both drunk out of our minds, all our friends had left without us.

"Don't call me babe." I growl and turn.

He grabs my face and leans in. His breath reeks of alcohol and smoke already.

"I'm not drunk enough for this." I say and shove him back.

He laughs as he stumbles.

I look at Mason and Daisy, they are still holding hands. When did that happen?

I hear noise from the stage and they are testing their instruments. Their first song starts to play and everyone gets loud.

I see Blake and Keith emerge through the crowd towards us. Keith stands beside me and Blake walks to Clark.

"I got you a drink." He says handing me a red solo cup.

I smile. "Thanks." I say loudly over the music.

I toss my other cup to the ground.

"Do you know this band?" Keith asks.

I shake my head and he laughs.

****

"What do you want to drink?" Blake asks as the first band ends.

"Surprise me."

He laughs shaking his head and heads back through the crowd.

"So a pretty girl like you doesn't have a boyfriend?" Keith asks.

I laugh and shake my head. "How about you, hot guy like you no girlfriend?"

He smirks and shakes his head.

"I guess that's a good thing."
He smirks and brings me close to him.
"What about that Clark guy?" He asks. "I don't feel like getting my face pounded in tonight."

I roll my eyes. "He is always like that, don't worry about him."

He pulls me closer, until our chest are touching and he leans into my lips.

It isn't long until he slides his tongue into my mouth and places his hands firmly on my ass.

"Drink." Blake says.

I pull away.

He is an amazing kisser.

I grab the drink from Blake. He quickly walks away from the awkward situation.

"Thanks." I say tipping my cup towards him.

He raises his cup to me in acknowledgment.

I can see Clark glaring at me from behind him.

I look away as the next band starts to play.

I grab my phone from my pocket checking the time, 10:00pm. Dallas Smith isn't in until 12:00am.

Keith wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my neck.

All through this band I grind against him and we make out every now and then.

As the band announces they are finished we pull apart breathing heavily. I bet the people around us, hate us. Especially Clark.

I can see he is now drunk though, so he might forget. Blake has found a girl to have fun with obviously because he has his arm around a blonde I have never seen before.

Daisy pulls on my arm. "Come dance with us."

I look to Keith and he shoos me away.
I go closer to Daisy, Hanna and Crystal as Keith walks away to get more drinks probably.

"Holy shit, you and Keith got pretty heated." Crystal says.

I shrug, three drinks in, I really don't care.

"What happens at Steins Rodeo stays at Steins Rodeo." I say smiling.

The three girls start laughing.

"Agreed." Hanna says.

That's the first time I have heard her speak.

"You speak!" I laugh.

"Hey, I'm quiet but a couple drinks into me and I get loud."

I laugh. "So you going with Rick?"

She nods. "For a week now, we haven't even kissed yet. He is shy."

"Hey, then you two are perfect." I say and she rolls her eyes.

"Crystal, you are going with Bobby right?"

"Yep, he is the best."

I nod, I feel super high. I feel like I just keep talking. I look to Daisy and squint, pressing my lips together.

"And my best friend is going with Mason. Can I ask when this happened?"

She shyly looks to the ground and there is a tap on my shoulder. I turn and Keith hands me a drink. I smile at him and he walks over to Rick and Bobby.

Brett Kissel starts talking and Daisy turns away from me towards the stage.
Avoiding the subject are we?