Chapter 10

Day 4:

Headache.

That's what I woke up with this morning. It wasn't from the alcohol, it was from yelling at Clark last night.
I take an Advil and sit down at the table. I eat a bowl of cereal.

Why does Clark want to talk to me so badly?

"Want to go see the sheep shearing competition?" Daisy asks siting at the table with a coffee in her hand.

I nod. "I think I'm going to take a break on the drinking today."

She laughs. "The rodeo is at 2."

We walk out and no one is awake, or out of their trailers. We head over to the rodeo grounds and take a seat in the chairs.

The announcer seems very enthusiastic as he describes the competition and rules, basically is was a whole bunch of people competing to finish shearing their sheep first.
It started and there was cheers As the Announcer announces the details.

I laugh as one of the sheep got away as he was turning it. He quickly caught it though. He didn't win.

Blake, Mason and Cody come sit by us.

"Blake wants to try the mechanical bull."

My friends laugh. See this is what I want my whole trip to be like.

"I want to see that." I say standing.

We walk to another tent and Blake pays to ride this mechanical bull.

I pull out my phone to take a video as he enters the blow up pen.

"Crank it up!" Blake yells as he positions himself on the bull.

Blake rolls his hips trying to stay atop the bull.

Hands come around my waist from behind and I gasp. I turn to see Keith. I smile lightly and turn back to see the mechanical bull has sped up and Blake is hanging off of it.

"Whoa!" He screams.

I uncontrollably laugh and he flies off the bull and falls onto the blow up padding.

"Great job!" Cody yells.

Blake stands and puts his arms up in the air satisfied with his victory of staying on the bull for more than 8 seconds.

"Yes!" He yells and a couple people around cheer and laugh.

I hear Keith chuckle behind me and I remember he is there.

I turn and see a slight bruise on his cheek.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

He looks down at me and nods.

He grabs my hand and pulls me away from our friends and the crowd.

He kisses me slightly before pulling back.

"I don't know if I can do this." He says.

I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"Clark is really against us being together and I think I know why."

"Why?"

"He really likes you. I shouldn't have brought you back to the trailer, I was really drunk. Plus, I was surprised you went that far with me last night considering you hooked up with him the night before."

I gulp and look down at the ground.
He grabs my chin so I look at him.

"I know you don't want anything with me. I can see it in your eyes. I'm just a fling to you."