Chapter Eight- Your brain is a little bigger than a pea

Chapter Eight- Your brain is a little bigger than pea

I frowned at equation on board and tried to solve it. I had solved it but my answer was incorrect. I might have done some calculation wrong and it was not easy to find the mistake when my mind was a jumbled mess.

I really hate Nick and I hate him more now because he thinks I’m naïve. I didn’t reply to his text. I simply didn’t know how to. I was not ready to forgive him, especially not when he acted like he had no remorse over anything in cafeteria.

After observing the situation, I came to a painful conclusion- Nick was doing this for Emma.

What can be the other reason? He was always with Kim and suddenly he decided to sit at our table. Reason? The new canary. Or even sunshine of his life as Jessica put is as. The thought made my heart constrict.

I hate feeling like that. Feeling so useless because I can’t even get my crush like me because of my social status and a new girl has him apologizing to me to fix my broken heart not even knowing.

“You’re not a genius in Physics.” Someone muttered from my side. I gave Blaise a sideways glance not bothering to face him.

“And you are Albert Einstein?” I retorted through gritted teeth. Shut up boy and let me concentrate.

“No, I’m Blaise Anderson.”

“And I’m Beryl, Anderson.” I told him.

No response came from his side and I frowned. I might have wanted him to shut his mouth but it was kind of unsettling when he did it all of sudden, so abruptly. Out of curiosity, I looked at him. He was staring at me and I frowned. He acts so strange and I sometimes doubt if his mental condition is alright because he has been hanging out with me lately. I don’t want finally realize that he is some type of serial killer when he is standing in front of me with a knife.

“What?” I hissed at him, unnerved by his gaze.

He smirked at me and shook his head shifting his gaze ahead. He might have completed his solution because he was heading towards the teacher carrying his notebook.

“Excuse me,” someone hissed.

I ignored the call and decided to concentrate on my notebook. The problem was challenging me to solve it correctly. But I didn’t have any idea how to. I had to check all the calculation and I was too darn lazy to do that. It was to my great irritation when after spending too much time and brain cells on one question, the  answer turns out to be wrong. I groaned when I realized my mistake.

I didn’t change units.

One simple mistake and whole question goes wrong. Rules of Physics should not be so hard.

“Hey Anderson,” the voice spoke again. Blaise was still with teacher and they were talking about something. I wondered who was calling the guy standing at the front of class or from back of the class.

“Excuse me,” someone tapped my shoulder and I jerked a little, not expecting it. I turned around to find a ginger head staring at me through his round glasses.

“What?” I asked with a frown hoping my tone didn’t come as snapped. I just found my mistake and I had to improve it and find the correct answer. I was anxious to do it and his disturbance was clearly not welcomed but I didn’t want to be rude.

“Can you tell me what formula has to be used in this question?” He asked me pointing at his notebook.

It was the same question I was solving. Nodding, I told him the formula and he thanked me.