Chapter Eighteen - He is a player and I don't want to play his game

Chapter Eighteen- He is a player and I don’t want to play his game

Anger was not enough to explain my feelings but that’s what I forced myself to feel because if I felt betrayed, I was digging a deeper hole for myself. I drove with a scowl on my face as Blaise sat on passenger seat clutching his head.

“What did I drink?” He groaned.

“Water,” I scoffed remembering his words from last night.

He only let out another groan and didn’t say anything. I pressed horn even though it was for no use only to annoy him. He winced at the loudness of sound. It made me smirk. God I was turning into a sadist.

I was unable to sleep last night and all thanks to him. My mind was all a jumbled mess and then I processed my mistake. How could I have let this happen? I blame it on my heart. Stupid heart. I was right; never listen to your heart. It will disable your mind, rot your judgment, take wrong decisions and end up breaking itself.

I was not in my high spirits. Blaise was the one texting me and not Nick. That simple truth made my blood boil. And with that truth came a feeling of betrayal, which I tried hard to ignore but tried nevertheless. He didn’t want to be friends with me because I was not popular. Why was he handing out with me then? Was he planning to use me just the way Nick used Emma? Only I was not as easy as he had thought. And he will never achieve what he intend too.

Blaise is Nick Conman’s friend. Of course they would think alike. Blaise is no different. He was acting like a nice boy in front of my face. Like one who had no intention of betraying me. Like one whom I could place my trust on.

But he was nothing of sort. And I hated him for it. I hated him so much. Blaise Anderson, I hate you.

But I’m not going to think about it again. That’s all over. I’m so done with Blaise. No friendship is going to exist between us. I would use his drunken state at night as the excuse because no way I’m going to tell him I found out about his lie.

Once I got out of the car, I didn’t look back for him still completely pissed. I was angry more at myself than at him. I shouldn’t have let it happen. When I reached my locker, I took a deep breath and thought about the time when I almost broke Nick’s skull. The time when I put itching powder in Dan’s clothes. The time when I broke egg on that girl’s head. All the wrong deeds I had done in my life. They made me snicker too. And they made me realize that I’m getting what I deserve.

But Blaise had just no right to do that. I am not a game to be played. I don’t want to be played by him. And he will not play with me. I will not let him. I bet both friends were laughing at me behind my back.

Blaise knows I don’t let things slide so easily. He had seen it with Dan’s ex and Nick. He knows I go for revenge and still he tried to mess up with me. But I was not going to have any revenge this time. I was going to cut him off completely. And if he was not going to exist for me, my revenge for him won’t exist. I will make him disappear from my life completely.

So I decided to ignore him.

My brain started getting busy in studies. I was getting out of Chemistry class when Emma caught me. She talked about what we were taught and I was surprised that she was even talking to me.

“Have you taken all the notes Beryl?” She asked in a sweet voice. I knew something was coming. It was going to be trouble. I slowly maneuvered myself towards the wall and pressed my back against it.

“Yes, I have.” I answered calmly looking around for any signs of trouble

“Can you tell me how to do this question?” She asked shoving her notebook at me. I stared at the chemical equation for a couple of seconds. It was easy. I started explaining to her how to balance that equation. When I was completed, I realized there was no one in hallways expect for extra two girls.