Chapter Fourteen- It's me. Beryl Parker. Curiosity is in my veins. I guess.

I never got another text from Nick. I never got a chance to talk to him again. Not that I was interested any longer. It was better that way. He should not look at me and I keep on crushing at him. Contrary to what I had told Tristan, I was never going to fall for Nick even if he changed for me because honestly, there are much better fishes in the water. I'm just not hunting for them right now. Nick is a piranha I'd like to have but I'm aware of danger so I'll keep my distance. And dolphins are my favorite.

But Nick his handsome with his sweet smile and let's just not forget those eight packs every girl wants to touch. His beautiful blonde hairs and infinite pools of blue eyes are also not meant to be ignored. He is handsome. Incredibly handsome and a hunk with muscles of a fighter.

I wrote that speech yesterday. Something has happened. After the weekend, Nick is crawling further away. Since he was always at the same place so I'd say I'm crawling away from him. Maybe after what he did to Emma my aversion for him is growing. Not growing. Developing. Yeah, that's the right word.

But I've to keep myself rooted for stopping to watch the dreams I'd hope to come true. With Nick I know those dream won't come true. I'd like to keep it that way.

Nick would talk to Blaise and Josh while passing our table and an occasional 'hey B' never went unnoticed. I wondered what Blaise and Josh were still doing at our table because I thought they'd have left a long time ago.

I found courage to ask them the question on fateful Wednesday.

"Your friend no longer sits with us. What are you two still doing here?" I asked finally.

Josh gasped at me and placed a hand on his heart. "You want us gone Parker?" He asked with mock hurt.

I rolled my eyes. And they say girls are dramatic. They are just better actors so that boys don't figure out their true intentions.

"I'm just asking because you guys are popular. And don't say anything along the lines 'Popularity is an illusions," I quoted with my fingers. "You don't miss your friends like him?"

Josh smirked. "I'd never miss them." He pointed at the table and shuddered.

I looked at the table. There were girls hanging at the side of jocks. Two of them looked pissed off as if they'd be anywhere than there and fiddled with their phone. I remember Josh acting like them. And Blaise, no girl really came around him for some reason. He was handsome and I've heard them fretting about him. It was a surprise he was not seen with many. Maybe he kept them a secret. Or maybe he was like Josh.

I looked at Blaise who was busy with his phone.

He doesn't talk much unless you ask him to. And he is a good teacher. Whenever I have any difficulty with Physics, he is there to help me. He is good at explaining things.

He might have sensed my gaze on him as he lifted his head to look at me, his eyes staring at me with seriousness.

He had this serious look on his face most of times that gives you creep. But I'm used to it now. That's what I tell myself but it hardly works.

"I like here better." He told me and went back to his phone.

I frowned. What did he mean? Then it hit me. He was answering my question. He liked it better with us then those populars. Hard to believe but I didn't probe further.

Days are normal. There is nothing special. With Emma gone from the group, things have gone back to normal. My time with Jessica is limited and I guess she has been spending more time texting Josh then mothering the spend time with me. So it left me with one person I had vowed to avoid at the starting of year. The same person was sitting on couch like it was his throne and I was a peasant.