Chapter Twenty Three - Don't forget the Theory of Kissing Blaise Anderson

Chapter Twenty Three - Don’t forget the Theory of Kissing Blaise Anderson.

I didn’t even know when Dan seized the phone from my hand and deleted the pictures of him and Blaise. A confused Blaise realized what was happening when he saw the pink stuff toy on his bed. He and Dan started playing the game of cat and mouse. Tom and Jerry. I was leaning against the wall wondering what had happened. I wanted to know where Blaise’s phone was. It was pretty sure after the call that it was not with him.

But the question is where it is.

Blaise tackled my skinny cousin to ground and wrestled the phone out of his grasp deleting the pictures. They created enough commotion that Aunt Jen and uncle emerged from their rooms and ordered us to sleep. I went to my room with the phone after apologizing to them. I was still shaken by the fact that Blaise’s phone was not with him but with some girl who was doing the nasty with some other boy.

Or maybe that phone number was not Blaise’s at the first place. Maybe it was Nick’s. But why would that girl say Blaise’s name when Blaise was here? Something was really fishy and my mind couldn’t stop thinking about it. I stared at the ceiling for a long time.

It was around midnight when I couldn’t take it anymore and went to Blaise’s room to find him sleeping soundly. I stood near his bed and stared at his face. He had a cute face. His hair were messed up and fell on his forehead. I smiled at his sleeping form. I felt like a creep watching him sleeping.

Shaking my head, I walked to the side of his bed and shook him. He stirred a little and went still again.

“Blaise,” I whispered his name shaking him rather violently and he shot up from the bed.

“Earthquake!” He gasped and I rolled my eyes. He rubbed his eyes and looked around. When his eyes fell on me, they widened. “Beryl! What are you doing here?”

“What’s your phone number Blaise?” I asked him. He looked confused for a couple of seconds and then tensed.

“I-I-“ he stammered.

I pulled my phone and showed him the number saved under Nick’s name. “Is that yours? And don’t lie.”

He bit his lip and hung his head in defeat. “Yes, that’s mine.”

At least he admitted. “Where’s your phone?” I inquired.

“At home, I guess. I was searching for it but didn’t find it. I must have left it at home.” He mumbled.

“So…” I trailed of trying to form words.

“I’m sorry.” He cut me off. “I know that I had texted you some hurtful things. I’m really sorry for that.”

“Why did you do it?” I frowned.

He cleared his throat. “You-you liked Nick too much. He knew about it. I suspected that he’d use it against you or rather use you. So I sent those texts to make you hate him.”

I was surprised at his answer. That was not what I had thought. In past few days I had been questioning his intentions. I didn’t like that he lied to me. But I knew there was some reason for him doing that and it was not to hurt me.

I nodded my head.

“How did you figure that out?” He asked me.

“When you were high in Nick’s party. I had initially thought that you were using Nick’s phone. But then I had to look up your mother’s contact number in your phone to tell her that you were safe so she won’t worry. That’s when I saw those texts.” I explained. He nodded his head and mumbled something under his breath.