Why is it us that makes you feel so helpless?

^^^^^Kellin's POV^^^^^

Shannon has been all I could think about for the past 2 weeks.  I couldn't take it anymore.  I'm gonna text Shannon and ask her on a date.  I pulled out my phone and texted her, "Hey!  Kellin again.  Would you like to go to this really cool Italian restaurant nearby?"  "Oh cool!  When? :) :) :)" she replied.  I smiled at how cute she was.  "How about in ten minutes? ;)" I asked, getting frisky.  "Aw shit.  Sorry, Kelly, I can't.  I'm hanging with Matty Mullins tonight. :(" she said.  I felt my heart rip in two.  I really wanted to take her out tonight.  I'm in a great mood, and I bought her flowers.  Wait... Matty Mullins?  I didn't know she knew Matty.  Why didn't he tell me?  Just then, I heard my phone ring.  Well look at that.  It's Matty calling.

"Uh hey bro!" I answered.  "Hey dude.  Now a bad time?" he asked.  "No, I'm free." I said, a little sadder than usual.  "I didn't get to tell you about all that happened on tour!" he said.  "Oh cool.  What happened?" I said.  I was frowning...thank god he couldn't see, or he wouldn't get off my case until I told him what's wrong.  "Well, we won some pretty sick awards!  We met a lot of cool new fans, Bryan Stars interviewed us for the first time!" he said.  "Wow, isn't he cool?" I said.  "Yeah, totally dude.  Uh there's also another thing." he said excitedly.  "What is it, man?" I asked. "I met a girl.  She's beautiful.  She was our merch girl at our last tour.  Ever since the day I met her, I've been in love with her.  She's the best girlfriend I've ever had, bro!  I'm finally happy." he gushed.  "Aw man, that's awesome!  I'm so happy for you!  What does she look like?" I asked interested.  "Here I'll send you her picture." Matty said.  (Picture of Shannon to the right).  No, it's not Selena Gomez.

I got the text of the pic of Matty's girlfriend.  I opened it.  Big mistake.  As soon as I saw her picture.  I dropped my phone.  HOLY SHIT.  Matty's dating...SHANNON?!  My heart broke all over again.  Once I saw Shannon, I knew she was the perfect girl for me.  The most beautiful girl I've ever seen.  And she belonged all to Matty Mullins.  Shannon DeVito is the girlfriend of Matty Mullins.  I can't do this!  Matty is my best friend!  Plus, he found her first, and they're perfectly happy together.  I can't do anything about it, unfortunately. 

^^^^^Matty's POV^^^^^

"Kellin?  KELLIN?!" I shouted into the phone.  I sent him the picture of Shannon... and then a loud THUD.  I ended the call.  Huh.  Maybe he just dropped his phone and couldn't find it.  I hope he's okay. 

~next day~

I woke up to a sleeping Shannon.  She's so beautiful even when she's unconscious.  It's been four months since we've started dating.  We've gotten as intimate as we can.  We've had sex, we've kissed, we've done everything.  I know that she's the most perfect woman in the world for me.  I want to spend the rest of my life with her.  I had a plan for today.  I texted Kellin.  "Hey dude, can I ask you a favor?" I sent.  It took him a while to answer, but he finally did.  "Uh yeah, what do you need?"  "Can you take Shannon out all day today?" I asked.  "Yes.  I'll take her and her brother around town I guess." he said.  "Thanks, bro.  I have something exciting to plan for her and I need her to be out of the house all day."  "Okay.  Be there in a few hours." he replied.  Thank god for Kellin.  I looked over at Shannon and saw her looking at me.  "Hi, lovely!" I said cheerfully and kissed her on the forehead.  "Goodmorning baby!" she said and kissed me hard on the lips.  "He" got kind of hard when she did that.  I felt her hand slowly graze over "him".  I groped her boobs, and next thing we know, we were stark naked in the sheets.  We fooled around for a while until I told her to get a shower, because Kellin is coming to take her around.  "Ok cool!  But why?" she said suspiciously.  "Uh... I just want you two to get to know each other really well!" I lied.  I smirked, and she looked at me suspiciously.  She accepted, and got ready.  Holy shit, I'm nervous. 

^^^^^Shannon's POV^^^^^

Me and Kellin were walking along the sidewalk in town.  "Why couldn't Paxton come with us?" I asked.  "He's hanging with the rest of the guys today." he said.  He looked pretty depressed the whole time.  "Look, Kellin.  Why the hell are you so sad.  I feel like I'm making you mad.  What am I doing?  Why are you acting this way?" I said snappily.  Kellin looked closely into my eyes.  "Kellin, seriou-" I started to say, but I was cut off.  Kellin smashed his lips into my mine.  It was kind of a long and hard kiss.  He backed away and bit his lip.  He looked back at me, and then his head hung down towards the ground.  I was shocked speechless.  My eyes were wide and all I could do was stare at him with my jaw dropped.  Kellin started walking.  I grabbed his arm.  I pulled him in close to me, and I kissed him again.  I felt so guilty.  I really love Matty more than anything, but when Kellin kissed me...there were...fireworks.  "Kellin, what the hell are we doing?" I asked scared.  "I've been in love with you since day one.  You're all I can think about.  When Matty called me and told me about you two, my heart was shattered.  You're my perfect woman, Shannon." Kellin confessed.  My eyes widened even further, and I bit my lip.  "I don't know what to say..." my voice trailed off.  Kellin and I walked towards his car without a word.  He was pissed off, and I was confused. 

"Am I taking you back to Matty's?" he asked me.  "No.  Take me to my dad and Paxton's hotel." I said without making eye contact. 

Kellin pulled up to the hotel.  I got out without a word.  "I'm sorry, Shannon." he said with his puppy eyes.  God damnit, why does he have to look at me like that.  I just nodded at him and walked into the building.  I'm just going straight to bed.  I have too much going through my mind.  Just then, Matty texted me.  "Hey baby girl!  Can you come over for a while?" he asked.  "Uh, I'm really tired.  Another time, sweetheart." I replied, and turned off my phone.  I'm gonna become a recluse for the rest of the day.