You May Not Like the Subject

^^^^^Tarran's POV^^^^^

It had been 2 weeks since that happenings of the unexpected marriage proposal. I didn't want to look the situation in the eye, so I chose to put the topic back as far as I could. Kellin seemed to understand, but he was distant. I never told him what happened. The day he picked me up, I didn't bring it up. He asked questions, but I was silent. It was too soon. It still is too soon.

I sat at the table in the kitchenette in our newly-shared apartment with a pack of cigarettes, while Kellin sat reading Alternative Press in the living room. I tried to quit, I really did. But after this, I decided to fuck it. I need the comfort of the fiery drug in my lungs, warming my insides. It relaxed me. I was fine with it, but Kellin....not so much.

"I thought you were going to quit." He said in monotone without removing his eyes from the page he was reading.

"Shit happens." I sighed.

He flopped the the magazine down on the coffee table in front of him, stood up, and cupped his forehead in his hands in a stressed fashion.

"What the fuck happened to us?" he said as he raised his voice. I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. Luckily, I was prepared for this, so I wasn't as taken aback as I normally would've been. I calmly approached him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"It's been a rough few weeks for both of us. We needed a cooling off period." I spoke softly.

"That may be what you needed. What I needed was an explanation. I didn't hear from you for days until you call me bawling your eyes out." I deserve to know what happened and what changed our relationship." He yelled. Oh no, he come the waterworks.

I wiped my eyes dry and hung my head. I led Kellin to the kitchen table and we both sat down. I grabbed his hands from across the table.

"Remember I told you about my boyfriend when I was 18 who abandoned me and never came back?" I asked calmly, holding back sobs. He nodded his head motioning for me to go on. "Well, he texted me, after all these years. He told me to meet him at our old home town. I only went there to give him a piece of my mind and get an explanation from him, but he had something else in mind," I said, starting to cry. I looked up at him. He was crushed, I could see it in his eyes. "He proposed, Kellin." I cried. His sweet blue eyes looked at me, he was even more broken. I never wanted to see him like that. I love and care for him too much. That was when I realized: Kellin was THE ONE for me. It wasn't Kale. Kellin never abandoned me.

"Did you accept? Are you breaking up with me?!" He said with tears down his face.

"No, baby, never!" I comforted him. "Why do you think I'd call you to get me if I accepted? I left him in the dust like he did with me 7 years ago. It's you till I die, babe. It's Kellin forever." I cried, but not out of sadness. They were tears of joy. And it seemed as if Kellin felt the same. He gazed at me with a huge smile. That was when we kissed more passionately than I thought possible. We were both so happy. I'd never been so happy in my life. Kellin was the best man I'd ever known and loved.

Kellin broke the kiss with a mischiefous smile.

"What are you doing?" I smiled questioningly.

He bent down on one knee, and reached into his pants pocket. He pulled out a tiny velvet box and opened it up in front of me. My tears started again. I wasn't about to refuse this proposal. In the box was the most gorgeous rock I've ever seen. My eyes and mouth hung wide open.

"Tarran King," Kellin started. I think he was even about to cry. "Be my wife?" I squealed like a mouse and jumped into his arms. "YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES......

-one hour later-

...YES YES YES!!!" I cried. Kellin laughed at my reaction.

He slid the ring onto my finger and looked at me with a big grin.

"Oh, I know that face." I laughed. That was Kellin's sexy face. The face he made when he was about to bang my brains out. Out of love, obviously. He grabbed my hand and pulled me directly to the bedroom.

*******

I laid over Kellin tracing his chest tattoos. This smile was never leaving my face. He caressed my back and we talked for hours.

"That was the best I've ever had." I chuckled.

"Me too!" He smiled back.

We were getting married. But then I remembered, what about his feelings for Shannon?

"What's wrong babe?" Kellin asked with a concerned look.

My smile must've faded.

"What about Shannon?" I asked.

He sat and thought.

"I didn't ask her to marry me, now did I?" He said. "Sure I might've dated her before you, but I never loved her this much. I've never loved anyone this much. I didn't think it was possible." He said, and cupped my face in his hands. "NO ONE is more perfect, or beautiful, or funny, or amazing, or as sexy as you are" he smiled at me and kissed me. I could feel our lips curling up.

I spent the rest of the night just laying, watching TV, thinking out loud and eating with Kellin, my FIANCÉE!!

It couldn't get any better than this.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

HEEEEEEEEYYYY you guys! Wassup! Nmu? Anywho, sorry for the delay. I signed up for a Law & Justice class that I'm currently taking with a teacher that doesn't know what he's talking about and a room full of senior boys that talk about cheating on their girlfriends and throwing crumpled up paper at each other. And also, a guidance counselor who won't get back to me about dropping the class.

Sorry for the rant. Enjoy! I liked writing this chapter :)