I have something to say...

^^^^^Tarran's POV^^^^^

I sat at a table in an all too familiar riverside cafè waiting patiently. Waiting patiently for someone whom I thought was the love of my life. Sure, I was 19, but I was positive he was the one. Now, 7 years later, I find myself in the same position as I was when my world came crashing down.

******FLASHBACK*******

"KALE!!" I screeched as the gorgeous boy tackled me in the tall reeds. We laughed and rolled around and laid there, hand in hand, looking up at the clear blue sky.

On cool summer days, we would find ourselves here, the tall grass field down the dirt road behind a farm in Galveston, Texas. We lived in a small, village-like part of Galveston. Farms weren't so rare in those parts.

"I love you." I said. "And I love you. As soon as I get enough money, I'm going to take you to New York. We can get jobs and start a life there." Kale said. "I'm gonna marry you." I said, then leaned in and kissed him more passionately than I ever have. He stood up and ran to the edge of the field.

"Come on, slow poke!" Kale hollered at me. I jumped up and brushed the grass off my jeans. "Where to now?" I asked, jumping on his back. "Home for you! I've got work in 20 minutes." He replied. I slumped off his back. "Ugh. Well, can I see you after?" "Meet me at the cafè in 3 hours." "Okay! See you later!" I said and pecked him on the lips. We walked separate ways.

It was 5 o'clock, the time Kale said he'd meet me. I sat quietly at a table for two in a tiny cafè right in the heart of town. Kale had never taken me on a proper date before. I was so excited we were finally going to have a real date. He must be serious. Maybe he was going to propose! This day couldn't get any better. I was going to get married and move to New York with the love of my life. My thoughts were interrupted by a waitress who came by and brought me coffee. I checked the time. 5:30. Maybe Kale was kept late at work. I waited another hour, this time, I was in tears. Fuck optimism. Kale, my first and hopefully last love, stood me up.

************************

I felt tears well up in my eyes. But I pushed them back. I'm not going to cry about this anymore. I have Kellin.

"Excuse me." A hesitant voice said behind me. I knew that voice. I turned around, holding back a smile. He needs to know how he hurt me. "Hi Kale." I said with no emotion whatsoever. He was even more attractive than I remembered. He was built. And I mean EVERYWHERE. He had a half-grown beard, bigger gauges, and medium curly length hair. He gave a half smile and sat down across from me.

"It's been a while." He said. "Wonder why." I said hostily. "I know what I did. I'm not proud at all. You're the best girl I've ever met and it was my stupid teenage-self that fucked it all up. I asked to meet you here after all these years because I want to make it up to you. I got a real job. I'm an engineer with a great salary. I moved to New York. All for you." He said emotionally and heart felt. I can't resist that face. Then, something I never imagined to happen did happen. At the worst possible time. Kale reached into his shirt pocket and pulled out a small box. Slowly, he rested one knee on the floor. "Tarran, I've wanted to do this for the longest time. And I've finally found you. Now that we're old enough and ready, will you be my wife?" Kale asked with a big smile.

Tears streamed down my face. I'm in love with Kellin, but he still has feelings for Shannon. I've always loved Kale, but he broke my heart. "I...I don't know," I whispered. I ran out and and as far away as I could. I got tired and found a clearing. I feel awful.

I pulled out my phone.

"Kellin. Can you please pick me up?" I cried. "Tarran! What's wrong darling?!" He asked concerned. "Just please come get me. Meet me at the gas station on Main Street." I hung up and made my way to the gas station. How will I tell him that I got a marriage offer?!

**************************

DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!! (I'll write more soon)

~Rachel Cx