Chapter 8

*India's POV*

I woke up to Santo kissing all over my face. I pushed him away.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Santo asked, honestly worried.

"Do you remember nothing from last night?" I asked him, slowly standing up and holding my ribs.

"Whatever I said, I'm sorry. Whatever I did, I'm sorry." Santo apologized me. I rolled my eyes.

"You're not getting help, are you?" I asked. He didn't answer, he just looked down.

"You want me to stay, you say you're getting help. But then you go and get drunk off your ass and then beat me for having hickeys. The ones you gave me. You claimed you didn't. You hit me two times last night, in my damn ribs." I told him, getting my water and taking my medication.

"Baby, I'm so sorry. I don't know what got into me." Santo apologized, wrapping his arms around my waist. I pushed him away. "Please forgive me. We were getting along so well. Can we forget about it? Please?" Santo asked me, placing gently kisses on my neck. I bit my lip, not wanting him to be satisfied with himself by hearing me.

"I think I wanna take a bath." I told him, as he started biting my neck gently.

"May I join?" He asked. I gotta plan.

"Of course." I told him. Relax, it's only because I need help washing. My arm is broke, my ribs are fractured, it's kind of hard to bathe.

I brushed my teeth first, then Santo helped me get into the bathtub. He stripped himself then got in the tub beside me. I laid my head on his chest.

"Here, let me." Santo said, taking the rag from me. He started on my neck then my back and worked his way around to my chest and stomach. He washed down my legs and then my feet. He took his time with my thighs, rubbing up and down them slowly.

"Okay, come here." Santo said, pulling me very close to him.

He poured water in my hair for me. Then started massaging the shampoo into it. I smiled and let him. I enjoy it when he does my hair.

"Okay, I'll be right back with the blow drier." Santo said, pulling a shirt of his head. I nod. I closed and locked the bathroom door behind him. I pulled the sweatshirt over the shirt he put on me. Then I put on my sweatpants over the shorts. I was wearing socks, so I put on my shoes. I put my phone in my bra so I wouldn't drop it, then I climbed out of the window. He still wasn't at the bathroom, so he was probably still looking for the hair drier.

I went into the woods, this time knowing the direction I need to be heading. I heard Santo in the house, yelling for me to open the door. I took that as my hint to walk faster. It's a long walk to the main road, then I can call someone to come get me.

I heard the front door slam shut and the car door open and slam shut. Santo sped down the driveway. I kept speed walking threw the woods. Then Santo was walking my way.

"I thought you forgave me. And then you do this to me." Santo said, coming closer. He had tears rolling down his face. I stepped back. It's a never ending nightmare with him.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, backing up.

"No, it's to late for that." He told me, coming closer. I couldn't go anywhere, I was pressed against a tree. It scared me more because he was so calm. He walked to me, and put his hands on both sides of my hips. I did the only thing I could think of, he was being so calm. I asked him.

"Are you getting help?" I asked, looking in his eyes.

"No, baby, I'm sorry for that. But they'll just think I'm crazy and abusive and take you away from me." Santo admitted. And this is when the plan begins.