Chapter 22

Just a warning, only about eight chapters are left for this story.

Extremely important authors note at the end. Please tell me which story you want me to publish.

"One last push." The doctor says.

I give the biggest push I can, hearing the cries of a baby soon after.

"And here's your baby girl." The doctor smiles.

"Yay! She's here, baby." Santo smiles.

"Yay!" I cheer weakly. Fourteen hours of labor takes a toll on a person.

"Do we have a name?" The doctor asks.

"Lyric Nicole August." I answer, smiling at Santo. We came up with that name together.

Lyric Nicole August. Born September 9th, 2016 at three-fifteen in the afternoon. She was seven pounds, three ounces and sixteen inches tall.

---

The loud cries of Lyric are what wake me in the middle of the night. Santo stirs beside me.

"I got her, baby." Santo waits for me to move off his chest before standing and getting her bottle.

I watch him talk to her while feeding her with a smile on my face. He's such a good father.

Once she's asleep, he gets in the hospital bed with me again. We leave tomorrow.

"Baby." He whispers.

"Hm?" I lay on his chest.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yes. I'm tired though."

He kisses my head and I smile. "Love you."

"Love you more, Santo."

---

"Santo, can you wake up Christian? My leg hurts." I tell Santo.

"Still?"

"Not from having the baby. I kneed the table last night when I was running upstairs." I admit.

He chuckles. "I'll wake him up, baby."

He leaves the room and I sit up.

My knee hurts.

---

"Thank you, baby." I smile. Santo rubs my bruises knee gently and I smile.

"You should have put ice on this." He tells me.

"I was too tired. And I'm scared of the dark." I remind him.

"I could have got it."

"You looked so peaceful sleeping though. I couldn't wake you up." I tell him.

"Baby, if you need something, I can get it for you, even if I'm asleep." He says. "I need to make sure you and the kids are okay at all times."

"It was just ice, babe." I run a hand through his hair. "But I appreciate the fact that you would go get it for me."

"You know you can trust me, right? I'd do anything for you." He tells me.

"And I would do anything for you. I trust you with my life, Santo." I pull him to me to peck his lips. "Don't doubt yourself or us."

"In-" I cut him off with a kiss.

"I love you."

"I love you, India." He smiles.

Santo still isn't a hundred percent better. He doubts himself less, but its still there. I try my hardest not to upset him to the point where he has a breakdown. I know it hurts him and it hurts me because I'm the one that caused it.