Chapter 20

Accidentally published before it was ready the first time. I am so sorry for the wait.

After spending a few hours with Christian, we have to go home. We drop CJ off with Santo's mother and tell her we will keep Normani tomorrow night.

Once we get home, I sit with Santo on the couch. "Babe?" I ask.

"Huh?" He asks, scrolling through the channels.

I nervously pick at my nails. "Um, remember the day after I found those pictures?" I ask.

I feel him tense up. "What about it?"

"Can you tell me about your..." I trail off, not knowing what to call it.

"How do you know about that?" He turns to me.

"Um.." I trail off again, looking down. "I was just wondering."

"My mom told you?" He asks, getting slightly louder.

"No, um, I saw it." I did see his medicine in the cabinet.

"Where?"

"On your medicine bottle." I answer quietly.

"You know I don't like when you go through my stuff. You can go through my phone, but don't go through my medicine." He huffs.

"I didn't mean to." I get slightly quieter. "I was trying to get the headache medicine and it fell."

"Really?" He raises an eyebrow. "I keep my medicine on the top shelf, in the back."

"That's what happened." I tell him, and it is what happened.

"India-"

"Forget I even said anything." I roll my eyes.

"Watch it."

I just roll my eyes again, moving away from him.

"India-"

"Let's just drop it. Excuse me for wanting to know what's going on with my husband." I emphasis the last word.

"I don't want to tell you about it. As long as I take the medicine, I'm fine."

"It's not just about the medicine!" I don't yell, I just put emphasis on this statement, because it's true. "I can't know where you work, I can't know what's up with that guy, Ray, I can't know about the condition, there's a whole closet I'm not allowed in, but I can't keep any secrets from you."

"I don't want to argue with you."

"We're not arguing. And to prevent an argument, you can sleep on the couch."

"India-"

"Or the closet, since I'm not allowed in there. There might be a bed or something." I shrug, standing up and walking upstairs. I hear him groan, but keep walking.

I get to our room, close and lock the door and grab my laptop. I sit criss-cross on the bed and open the laptop. I open up a new tab on the internet and go to my email. I'm not gonna look up the condition, I'll wait until he tells me.

I get on my twitter, scrolling through the news feed. I hear a quiet knock on the door, "India, I'm sorry."

"Okay."

"Can you let me in so we can talk?"

"Are you done keeping secrets? Cause my answer is the same as yours."

"I have food."

"Me too." I nod. I really do, we have a mini-fridge in here.

"It's from Subway."