Chapter 23

I'm sorry that this is so late. My explanation for it being late is later in the chapter, please read it and don't be mad. I was really trying, it just didn't happen.

Also the descriptions of the August Alsina stories are at the end, before my explanation. Please vote and read it all. Thank you. Now on to the chapter.

I frown, looking around for my baby. He's supposed to be getting home today, his flight was on time, but I can't find him.

"Surprise." Someone grabs my waist from behind me, making me jump and turn around.

Seeing my husband, I smile, jumping into his arms.

"I missed you!"

"I missed you too, mama." He hugs me tightly. "Where are the kids?"

"At home with Zoe." I answer.

"Let's get home then." He kisses me sweetly. "I love you."

"I love you." I smile.

---

"Daddy!" CJ runs to Santo.

I take Lyric from Zoe. She's about three months old now.

"Thank you, Zoe." I smile.

"It was no problem. I would love to stay but I have a date with Craig." She tells us.

"Have fun." I smile.

"I missed you guys." Chres smiles, pulling everyone into one big hug.

"We missed you." Everyone says. I'm glad he's back home.

---

Santo leans down, laying his head on my chest, putting his body between my legs. "Hold me."

I wrap my arms around him, playing in his hair. His hands slip under my shirt, and around my back until his arms are completely wrapped around me.

"Are you okay, baby?" I ask him.

"I don't feel good." He pouts.

"Poor baby." I pout with him. "You want me to make soup."

"No, thank you. Just hold me." He nuzzles his face deeper into my chest.

"Okay." I play with his hair.

"Talk to me."

"How was Washington?" I ask.

"It went good, I finished the job early and got paid a couple thousand extra." He answers.

"How much?"

"I got paid an extra five hundred thousand." He shrugs.

My jaw drops, "How much all together?"

"Check the bank." He chuckles. "About two."

"So, seven hundred thousand?" I ask.

"Million, babe. About two million." He clarifies.

"What did you do?"

"I can't tell you that." He laughs.

"Chres, we're married and I don't like that you can't tell me what your risking your life doing." I complain.

"Drugs, babe. I stole a whole bunch of drugs, for my boss. Those drugs were important for him to have, no he has them. End of story. Next topic." He snaps.

"Fine." I shrug, playing with his hair again.

--

"Mom, can you sign this?" Christian asks.