chapter three

(Dalton is 14 and Madison is 13)

"Hey a group of friends are going to the movies tonight do you wanna go?" Dalton asked me. We were sitting in his room and I was laying out on his bed. He kept trying to contact me through my mind but I put my block up so he couldn't read mine. He often forgot to do that so I've heard so very disturbing things. "Dalton the only thing that they do at the movies is make out and I'm not doing it so I'll pass." I told him. He sighed. " We can be that only two who are watching the movie." He said. " Why don't you just go with Vivian because according to you 'she is the hottest human being alive and you wish that you could stick your-" I was cut off by Dalton jumping on top of me. " Okay that's enough, and i need to start putting my block up." He said. He was holding my arms over the top of my head and his legs were on either side if me. I felt my breath grow a little shorter as leaned in. "No!" I yelled. He jumped back suprized making him fall off the bed completely. "Ouch Mads that hurt." He said rubbing the back of his head. I laughed and sat up. "Um sorry about that." I said rubbing the back of my arm. " Spill it." He said sitting on the bed. "I kinda have the power to control things." I said. "Me too!" He beamed like he won a grammy. " Can you show me?" I asked. He nodded and pointed his hand twords the ground and the xbox controller came up to his hands. " I only try on small stuff, not like humans." He said. " Well then try it on me." I told him. "Are you sure because I don't wanna hurt you?" He stated looking concerned. " I'm positive." I said.
I stood up and walked to the other side of the room while he went to the other. " Are you ready?" He asked me. I nodded. He then put his hand out twords me and I shut my eyes. I felt myself lift off the ground and move forward. I stopped in front of him and he put his hand down smiling. " I can't belive it worked." I said finally. He nodded. " I wanna try mine out now." I told him walking back to the other side of the room. He stood in front of me and shut his eyes. I lifted my hand up and let my powers radiate though my hand. He started to move at first but then a white light flashed and i appered in front of him. I put my hand down and gasped. " W-what? How did I do that?" I stuttered. "I don't know Mads but we can ask Google." He said before jumping on my bed and grabbing his phone. I grabbed mine and went to search Magic. I clicked on the first article I saw.

There are not many, but it is to be believed that few humans in the world are given powers, it runs through genes. They are believed to have a few of the following,

*mind reading

*Animal understading

*Ability to control weather

*Control over any of the elements
*Air
*Water
*Earth
*Fire

*teleportation

*and more that we are yet to discover.

I saved the article and put down my walls. " Hey Dalton i just read this article and there are more people like us! And I can teleport so that's cool." I said. Dalton looked up at me and smiled. "Do you think we should tell our parents?"
He said. All of a sudden Both of our parents came into my room. "Tell your parents what?" My dad asked. I never explained what my parents looked like did i? My dad is African American and my mom is Indian, and Spanish. Trust me do not get her mad she will cuss you out in so many languages. Now back to the real stuff.
"Um, we have to talk to you about these things that have been happening to our bodies." Dalton said. " What do you mean puberty?" Mrs.Rapattoni asked. "Eww gross no!" Me and Dalton said shaking our heads. "Than what do you mean?" My mother asked. " We really can't tell you but we can show you." I said standing up and Dalton copying the movement. " It's been happening since we were little." "What do you wanna pick up?" I asked Dalton in my head. "Um let's do all the books on your floor." I nodded and I counted to three. We picked up the books and made them spin around the room. Our parents looked at them amused. " Is that all you can do?" Mr.Rapattoni asked. I shook my head. " We can read each others minds and i can teleport." I said. " We don't know what else we can do like we just found out that Maddie can teleport." Dalton said. " Can you show us how you teleport?" My mother asked. I nodded. I went to the corner of the room and shut my eyes. I thought of my mother and when i opened them I was on her lap. "I really don't know how to use that well." I said standing up. Our parents stood up and smiled. " Well i guess it's time to tell you guys, we have powers too! We don't know if your siblings will but you too do." My father said. " That's cool what are you guy's power?" Dalton asked. " Well we can show you better then we can tell you." Mrs. Rapattoni said.
My dad then looked at a plant and all of a sudden it started growing and they made a chair for me and Dalton. We sat down and then my Dalton's mom looked at a water bottle lying on the desk and the water spun around and went behind our plant chairs and made a heart, the nerve of these folks. Me and Dalton sat there amused. Next Mr.Rapattoni went to the window and opened it and a whole bunch of birds came flying into it, they went around the water heart. "Mom what's your power?" I asked. She smirked. She put her hand out and fire came out of it, then water, next plants, and then wind, which she blew at us. "Wow" me and Dalton said. We stood up out of the chairs and all of our parents put everything they had up. " So mom your-" " mother nature? Yes in a way I am." She said. I opened my walls. " Dalton this is so cool!" I told him. He nodded in agreement.

*Dalton's pov *
I looked at Madison and she was looking out of the window. She was so pretty. I lifted my hand up and moved her over in front of me then i hugged her from behind. I saw her blush and our parents laughed. " You're so beautiful. " I mumbled in her ear. Our parents laughed even more. Maddie teleported to a chair and hid her face in her hands. "I think you two might be mates!" My mom squealed. " What the heck is a mate?" I asked. " you will understand when you are older." She said before all of them left the room. I turned to maddie. "Did i make you feel uncomfortable?" I asked walking up to her. "No." She mumbled still with her face in her hands. I sighed and put a movie in the DVD player. " Are we watching beauty and the beast? " She asked. " What else?" I laughed. She teleported onto my bed and made herself comfortable. " What does it feel like teleporting?" I asked. I walked and sat beside her.
" It feels like I'm naked at first but all of the elements that make up stuff break apart. If that makes any sense." She said. I laid down and so did i. After a few minutes she fell asleep and then me. Of course after I cuddled next to her.