chapter twenty one

Madison

"Do you really have to go?" Kylee  pleaded holding on to her husband's arm. It's been nine years and me and Dalton decided to move to California to start a new life with our kids. Our daughter Veralynn was four and our son Colton was two. "I can't live in Texas forever." I chuckled.  "momma" Colton babbled running up to me. I picked him and and tickled his little stomach. Moments later Vera came and hid behind my legs with Kyra, Kylee's seven year old daughter, following her and hugging my waist. "Well I guess nobody loves Dalton." Dal exclaimed throwing his arms up. I smiled and hugged the kids. I then handed Colton to his dad and the girls ran off. "I'm gonna miss you!" Kylee exclaimed giving me a tight hug and swaying me a little. "I'll come and visit okay?" I asked looked around the house that I lived in for nine years. "I need to visit my parents and Garrett. I'll see you later Ky." I said giving her another hug. She smiled sadly and went back to Nate, her husband. "Vera! Come on baby we've gotta go!" I said picking up my keys and walking to the door. She teleported beside me and giggled. "Hey what have I told you young lady?" I asked pointing a finger at her. "No powers til I'm eweven." She stuttered. I smiled and scooped her into my arms. We walked to the car with Dalton and Colton close behind. After I buckled the kids in properly I went to the passenger side of our car and smiled at Dalton. "Ready deputy?" Dalton said holding his hand out to me. I giggled and took his hand. "I'm always ready with you sheriff." With that we drove to my parents house where Sophie and Garrett were. When we got the kids out and into the house I called out. "Mom? Dad?" Colton blabbed and tugged the ends of my hair. I walked through the kitchen and then to the back door and then I gasped. "Suprize!" Everyone yelled. My whole family was out there and even some of my friends. I also noticed that Dalton's family and friends were there, even Kitty who I haven't seen in forever. Tears brimmed at my eyes as everyone cheered. Sophie and Garrett came up to me and gave us a hug. Vera went to play with some of the other kids and my mom came and took Colton. "This is amazing! Thank you guys so much!" I said with a smile. "No problem sis." Garrett answered before he and Dalton walked away. "I can't believe you guys are leaving!" Sophie said giving me another hug. "Me either, this place has been my home my whole life!" She smiled and nodded. "So when am I going to have a little Garrett and Sophie running around here?" I asked nudging her shoulder. "I don't know, I mean I'm scared. What if our baby doesn't have powers?" She said glancing at Garrett. "What if he doesn't even want kids?" She sighed. "You're still young! It's nothing to worry about now, you've got plenty time." I said reassuringly. I went around and talked to all the family and had fun before it was time to go. I went to my old room when everyone left and smiled. The paint on the walls were fading and I still had everything from my childhood lying around.
I look out my window and into Dalton's room.
"Maddie!" I heard a whisper.
"Maddie!" I heard again. I went to the window and looked out. "Dalton it's so early what do you want?" I said irritated. "Can you sleep with me?" He said sighing. I sighed along with him before throwing my leg out the window and climbing into the tree that stood in between our houses. In a few seconds I was in his bed with him a respectable distance away from me. "Maddie?" Dalton asked. "Yes Dalton?" I replied turning to face him. "I love you. And I know that I'm only 7 and I don't know what love is but I feel this in my heart that I really really love you." He said. "I-I love you too." I said smiling. He finally said it. Ahdoevdkabfidbdi!! I hesitantly moved closer to him, pressing our bodies together. He wrapped his arms around me and I chuckled. He loves me.

I smiled at the memory. I left my window and went to my desk and opened the drawers revealing a cd disk.

"Happy birthday Mads." Dalton said holding his hands behind his back. I looked over at him and smiled. "Thank you. 13 feels the same as 12." I replied looking out into the flowers in the field. They varied in different colors and shapes. "When I was your age I said the same thing." Dalton said making me chuckle. He then pulled a small disc out from behind him and held it up to me. "What's this?" I asked turning it around in my hands. "It's a small album I put together for you. It's just some songs I made, and a few covers." I looked up at him and smiled. "I know that you got a bunch of stuff today and this small thing won't amount to any of it an-" "shut up! I love it!! This is the best thing ever, thank you Dalton." I said hugging him tightly.

I picked it up and put it in my purse before walking to the closet. Only a few things were in there. I pulled out an old MCR shirt and held it up to my nose. The smell took me back to a warm place.

"Okay truth or dare?" Jake asked me. We were sitting in a circle, a group of eight of us all from the same high school. Most of us are freshman but Jake is a sophomore. He was a bad boy but I wasn't really into him. "Dare." I said with a smirk. Dalton looked at me kind of worried but I ignored it and waited for Jake to finish. "I dare you to jump into the pool......with your clothes on." He said. I looked down at my attire. An oversized white tee and blue high wasted shorts. "Okay." I stood up slowly and walked up the stairs from the basement with everyone following behind me. I opened the patio door and running for my dear life I lunged myself into the ice cold water. I broke from the surface a few seconds later panting. "Dare complete." I said and everyone cheered. Jake helped me out the pool and I instantly started chattering. "Can I get a towel?" I asked. "Upstairs to the left in the bathroom." Jake said looking down at my chest. The tee shirt showed my black bra and i instantly realized what the dare was for. I walked inside and went to where he told me before taking my shirt and shorts off and hanging them to dry. The door opened and I gasped looking at my intruder. "Take my shirt." Dalton said handing me the My Chemical Romance band shirt he was formally wearing. I dried my hair and the rest of my body before putting on the shirt. It reached mid thigh and smelled just like Dal. Dalton then went over to my clothes and balled them up before taking my hand and leading me to the laundry room where he put my clothes into the dryer. I kept looking at his body. He looks so hot right now with his hair all spiked up in the way that made my insides tremble. He had on a white beater but he still looked hella attractive. I couldn't take it. When he turned around I smashed my lips into his. By instinct he put his hands on my waist and I put mine around his neck standing on my tippy toes. My- well his shirt rose up on my body exposing a little bit more of my thighs. We stood there for what felt like forever before someone called our names. We pulled away from each other and made our way downstairs. Best night ever.

I put it way before sighing. I'm actually leaving thus place. But it's time to move on.

 But it's time to move on

This is Veralynn

Baby Colton

Heyyo. So it's been years since I update but I got tired of disappointing and decide to update. This is over one thousand words and took me hours to right so I hope it's worth it. I'm not sure how many chapters are left but it's coming closer to the end😭. See ya soon amor❤ te amo

Don't be a ghost
Like
Comment
Follow