chapter fifteen

"D-Dalton?" She asked unsure if I was really there. "Uh sorry I didn't mean to intrupt you." I grumbled. I thought she would wait for me but I guess not. "Let's have a family dinner." Mrs.Kurt said inturupting the tension filled silence.
"Garret, go with Sophie to get her parents ready, I'll start on the food." She said rushing to the kitchen. Sophie and Garret ran out the house and Mr.Kurt went to help his wife. Me and Maddie never broke a stare. "Well Madison aren't you gonna introduce me to your boyfriend?" I said in pure annoyance.
"He isn't my boy-" she was cut off by Jacob.
"I'm Jacob." He held his hand out twords me and we shook hands. "You've got yourself a nice one." I said. I was sad and she was the cause.

*Madison's pov*

The dinner table was akward. Only the moms, dads, Sophie, and Garret were talking amongst themselves while Dalton, Jacob, and i sat in silence.

I can't believe you. Dalton said in his head.

What are you talking about?  I replied.

Jacob

What about him?

I was coming back to see you! I have been in one relationship in my lifetime, did you know that? And I broke up with her because of you!

I have waited for you for a long time Dalton and I got tired of waiting! Don't I deserve to be happy? But wait I guess I don't because apparently you own me! Mabey I like Jacob because he was here when you weren't!  You promised!  And you didn't break up with her it was the other way around.

I know for a fact you don't like Jacob,  you like the thought of him! He's just filling in a hole that I left but I'm back and you can leave him and come crawling back to me like always!

I stood up and scoffed. "I can't believe you!" I yelled at him.

"And I can't believe you!" He yelled back.

And without thinking I yelled as loud as I could. "I hate you!" The table fell silent and a flash of sadness fell across Dalton's eyes. "I'm just gonna go now, thanks for the dinner Mrs.Kurt. See you later Maddie." Jacob said standing up. He left without another word. "Madison." My mom said. I looked at her a shook my head, tears streaming down my face. I backed up and my mom tried to wrap a plant around me but I teleported before she could do it and I went to Kylee's house.

I told her everthing and she listened even though I was crying and stuttering.

"I can't believe he said that to me." I cried.
" I didn't mean to say I hate him, I don't. I love him,so much."

"listen Mads you can either sit here and morn or go make it right with Dalton. It's your choice." Kylee said. She stood up off her bed a pulled me with her to the bathroom. She pulled out some wipes and started wiping my face which was probably ruined from me crying. After she was done we walked back to her room. "Now after you have it all worked out then call me so we can have a sleep over at your house."
I nodded and hugged her. "Thanks, see you later." I said. Then I teleported to the field. I couldn't see Dalton, i could feel his presence. When I was around him I got all bubbly inside, my mom says he's my Mate but I still don't understand it.

"She hates me. God I'm so stupid." I heard him say.

"No you're not." I said. He stood up and looked around before he saw me. I teleported next to him.
"I don't hate you." I told him looking out into the field. The plants were dying, turning an awful shade of brown. "I can't hate you, because I love you too much to think about that. You're right, I am with Jacob trying to fill the hole you left and in the end I will come crawling back to you because that's what I do, that's what I've always done because I feel safe with you. You're my mate."
"I was wrong to say that to you, I was just jealous that you would forget about me." He replied looking down.
"I will never forget you." I said lifting his chin up to face me.
He slowly leaned in and I did the same. Our lips met and all my worries washed away. It's not like kissing Jacob, this meant so much more. I pulled away from him and smiled. "I love you." He said.
"I love you too."  He gave me a hug and I held him tightly, i never know when he'll leave again.

 My phone rang and I checked the caller ID, It was Sophie. "Hello?" I asked. "Um hey M-madison." She replied. Nobody really calls me Madison. "What's wrong?" I demanded. "Garret, he's c-crying and i-i feel weird." She said. "We're on our way." I said hanging up. "What's wrong?" Dalton asked. I grabbed him and teleported to my house. Garret was on the ground crying.
"Mom what's wrong with him?" I asked  falling beside him.
"We don't know he just started crying." Dad explained. "Whatever is happening to G is happening to Sophie too." Dalton said pointing to his sister who was curled up in a ball in a corner. "I'll be back." I said before teleporting to Kylee's house again. I grabbed her hand and teleported back to her house to get her mother. When I got back i felt a little dizzy but I Ignored it.
"Ms.Smith can you tell us what's wrong with my brother?" Kylee's mother can read minds if you were wondering. She went beside him and touched his shoulder making him look up into her eyes. She quickly snatched her hand away and looked at it. "I-i can't read him, this hasn't happened before." She said looking up at me. If we can read Garret he just won't speak unless-. "Sophie! You can read Sophie,  they're mates right? It'll work!" I blurted out. "it might." Dalton said standing beside me, putting his hand on my torso. She walked up to Sophie and touched her face, making her do the same thing as her mate. Ms.Smith pulled her hand away and looked at the floor. "What did you see?" Mrs.Rapattoni asked stepping forward.
"Garret doesn't have any powers." She said looking up at me. My mom gasped. "This isn't possible! Sophie does, every one close to related to him has them!" Mom yelled. Sophie stood up and looked at my mom, her eyes flashing red. "Go upstairs lay in bed and go to sleep. Wake up at 9:30am." as Sophie looked away my mom walked upstairs and into her bedroom. "I'm gonna take Garret to bed now, Mom Dad, I'm sleeping here tonight." She said going to help Garret up. She walked him to his bedroom and that left my dad, Dalton, his parents, and I. "Well I'm sorry but I'm tired too, thanks for having us." Mrs.Rapattoni said grabbing her husband's hand and walking to the door. I heard it shut and I looked at Dalton.  "Dad I'm gonna go now. I'll check on Sophie and Garret on my way up." I said kissing his cheek and going upstairs. I went to my brothers room and saw Garret with his arm wrapped around Sophie's waist and her face in the crook of his neck. I smiled before shutting the door. I walked to my room to see Dalton laying on my bed. I giggled and slowly shut the door. I went to my closet to get my pajamas. I changed into my 'okay? Okay.' Shirt and black shorts then pulling my hair into a ponytail.  When I walked back to my room Dalton had on a white tee shirt and blue boxers and he was snoring. I shook my head and walked to my bed, lying beside him. "Are we mates?" Dalton asked going under the covers and scooting closer the me. I sighed. "It was only a matter of time before you found that out." I said repeating my words from the day I went to see Dalton. I rolled over and snuggled into his chest making him wrap his arm around my waist.