Words

Chapter 1

---

Waking up at an early morning to the sound of birds singing loudly. the light that streams into my room is blinding and hurting my eyes. i slowly lift myself from my bed covered in cigarettes and bear cans, to draw my navy-blue curtains across, squinting at the morning sun.

it's 6:00am. i never get up early, and i when i say never, i mean never!... but i have my reasons. i'm practically naked right now, nothing but my boxers cover my flesh. i go to my bathroom, which has a modern edge, with the white walls and tilled white floor. i turn the rusted gold tap, and fill my palms with water, i lift, refreshing my face with a cold shock of aqua, by this i mean I've splashed my face with water. i stopped and starred deeply into the eyes of my reflection. "i'm not cool" i said, and i'm okay with that. i never want to be cool.

I opened up the cabinet next to the sink and took out some white and black face paint. i applied it on my face, just as an experiment to see what i would look like... then in strolled Mikey, my brother, wearing a pair of black skinnies, a stained Morrissey t-shirt, ox-blood DM's, and a grey knitted beanie hat, Oh! and not forgetting his glasses... with the black rim, and white bar across the top.

He was laughing.

Well i suppose he couldn't help it, me stood there in my favorite batman boxers, and my face plastered in black and white expressionistic paint. "what?!" i bellowed towards him. "nothing.." he said walking aimlessly into my room.

"well are you staying long? cos' if you are im gonna go somewhere else?!"                                          

 "No i don't plan on staying long... i just thought i'd say that your study buddies here.. He's waiting"     "oh, right, well tell him i'll be right there!"

I rushed round my room searching for a pair of clean clothes! ......Okay, there was nothing! i just had to wear yesterdays stuff. i quickly slipped on a dirty iron maiden top and a pair of skinnies. "shit" i said out load to myself, i still had that bloody face paint on. i ran back into the bathroom and scrubbed violently until the face paint wore off. even when it had gone, i still had a tint of grayish in facial skin.

I ran again, down the stairs, to find Ray sitting on the coach.

"Hey Ray!" i said to him as he looked up at my face.   "Hey Gee, are you Okay ? you look a bit ill, a bit i dunno colourless... in your face?"  ray announced.    Mikey rudely interrupted prancing into the room. "oh no, dont worry ray, Gerards fine, he was just trying out some more make up! u know?"    I scoff, "it's not make up, its face paint!" i say, folding my arms and taking a seat next to Toro.

In doing that, our little morning banter, i didn't realize the person stood  near the door. "Ugh ray? is he with you?" i said suspiciously.  "Hmm?" Ray looks round and sees the guy. "Oh Right! yeah hes with me, sorry i didn't say anything, this is Frank, he's new here and has just started at our school. he's moved in just opposite me and i said he could help with our art project? i hope you don't mind" 

"Oh no, that's fine. Hey. I'm Gerard" looks at frank. Frank looks back. "Hi"...  (awkward silence)

Woah, he's pretty sweet looking for a new B. Oh! and whats that i see?! A SMITHS T-SHIRT!? wow, I'm sure he and I will get along just fine! we have the same taste in music as far as i'm aware... he could be a good friend.

"So..." I proceeded to cut out the silence.  "you like the smiths?"

"no" he said in a sarcastic tone. "i'm just wearing their T-shirt..."

Was he joking? i couldn't tell if im honest! i don't think Ray or Mikey could either. Well if he wants to be unsociable then let him be so, i didn't even like him anyway...

once we got started with the art project, he didn't talk at all. we got the occasional 'Hmm...' or 'Yup...' in his dark shy tone. but apart from that he was completely silent. he either didn't want to be here or he had terrifying fears of communication?! either or? i'm not quite certain. although i must say he's pretty cute, with his dark brown brooding eyes, hair parted into two, one half black, and the other crimson red, his lip and nose piercings, accompanied by black eyeliner, or should i say guy-liner, with red eye-shadow on the lower lash line. im pretty sure he just thought i was some stupid idiot that stinks of cigarettes and boose.

TO BE CONTINUED