Chapter 4

Bruna's POV

Finally I could see the light!

''We're getting closer Amanda!'' I said as I hold onto Amanda's hand who was leaning on me with her hand over my shoulder.

She didn't say anything. Her eyes were closing and she was a bit dizzy, I suppose. But who wouldn't after all she has been through?

We've got out on the other side. Actually, it was an unknown side of the Lost town that I've never seen before.

"Can you walk now?"

I questioned Am and she suddenly stood up on her feet without any word. I think she was mad at me. Definitely. She was angry because I didn't believe in her bizarre story.

Let's face it, even if there was someone, who could possibly survive two years under ground?

"Which way do we go?" She interrupted my thoughts and actually made me occupy them on those important things.

Like, seriously, where were we?

I jumped on a rock so I could see environment better.

"We've come to the end of the beach. It's like we were going through some underground cave."

"Well, we were." She pointed out and still with some furious vibe.

I mean, of course I knew that we were going underground, but what I wanted to say, actually what I wanted to highlight is the fact that we went under the beach. That was not normal. At all.

I didn't want to say this out loud. Maybe it was stupid...

"Where are you going?" I asked Amanda as she walked away from me.

"Well, I'm not going to stay here forever, am I?"

"I know, but is that the right way?"

"This is the only way." She said with her back facing me and she was just walking forward.

I felt that if I jumped into the water and died, she wouldn't even notice, and definitely not care.

I was walking behind her, keeping a decent distance, following her. I wanted to cry. I didn't understand her. I came down in that hole and now she was mad at me!

Impossible.

All of the sudden, I lost her from my sight. I got scared. I was actually always frightened and I hated being all alone by myself. I sped up my walk and looked out for her.

Then, I saw her, little further. But she wasn't alone. She was with some guy.

Think Bruna, think. What should I do? Who is that anyway? Maybe, it's a guy she likes, I didn't want to interrupt them, though. Or was he her friend? Nah, I'd know him.

Either way, I decided to approach them.

"Hey." I muttered shyly.

"Jackson, this is my sister Bruna. Bruna this is Jackson." She smiled acknowledging my presence.

That meant she likes him and that I should shut up.

"Hey, Bruna. Nice to meet you. Amanda told me, briefly, what happened. Are you two okay?"

"Well, as you can see my leg is bleeding and I want to go home as soon as possible." Amanda answered without letting me reply, but it's not like I actually wanted to, anyway.

They started talking and I stood there like an idiot, completely invisible.

"Whatever you need, let me know. I'll help you out with anything." Jackson reassured my sister.