Chapter 5

Jackson's POV

This girl was driving me crazy. I was madly in love. Oh, that kiss was so melting. I should've done something. Kiss her back or whatever.

"Jackson, make yourself at home."

"I'm fine, madame." I reassured Amanda's mom.

"Oh, what a kind boy. I don't remember the last person who called me madame. I'm an old woman, now. Relax, call me Melissa. Or whatever you want." She smiled. She was really kind and relaxed.

She tried to stay positive by not thinking about what just happened.

I smiled back at her. I noticed that Amanda had the same smile like her. They were both beautiful but I wondered where's their father. No one mentioned him.

I sat with them and started eating. Of course I didn't take much. I don't want to be a pig. Just something to show my respect to her cooking, even though I'd eat more. I was starving.

"I'm full." I lied leaning on the chair.

"Take some more. You barely ate anything." Bruna said firmly with a smile, because she was tense all the time.

"I ate before. I'm not hungry."

"Okay, then."

I waited for their mother to go in the kitchen so I could tell them about Am's plan, and when she finally did, I started.

"Amanda wants to go out to finish something and she asked you two to cover her." I rushed out all in one breath.

"No way! I mean, there's no way we'll let her out in that condition." The blonde girl exclaimed.

"Look, she needs it. We can't close her in those four walls. She needs fresh air."

"Who are you anyway?" She snapped at me.

She was a bit over protective for a friend or whoever.

"Jackson. Her friend."

"From where? I've never seen you before. And how did you turn up out of nowhere just when they needed help?" She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Ezra, chill." Bruna told the girl.

"So... Ezra nice to meet you." I offered her my hand so we could shake hands, but she didn't do anything.

She just stared at me with a cold vibe. What a bitch.

Bruna looked at her with wide open eyes. She must have thought the same as I did.

"And for your information, I was returning from High Jump." I continued.

"It doesn't matter, really. The most important thing is that we're all safe and sound, thanks to you. What's your last name Jackson?" Bruna turned to me, asking.

"Nobody." I said confidently, but I could hear when Ezra laughed.

"Ezra..." Bruna whispered.

"It's fine. I get that a lot."

"I apologize for Ezra... Look, I'm not sure about Amanda, maybe if one of us comes with her."

"I'm going."

"It's not enough!" Ezra said standing up from the chair, and then she added: "I'll go with you two."

I rolled my eyes and then headed to Am's room.

"Are you ready?" I asked Amanda.

"Yes, I am. I couldn't sleep."