Chapter 16

The other day

Only one day left until Amanda turns to a mermaid.

"Wake up!" the voice of Ezra woke us all up. "Oh my God! Look at the sea! Storm is coming!"

"Is that possible? It was sunny yesterday?" I asked while jumping out of the bed still with eyes half opened.

"Well I guess..."

I looked through the window. It was impossible change of weather. The clouds above the blurry ruffle sea oozed across the awakening sun, turning the beach into a shadowy darkness. I went out to see if I could discern Corina anywhere.

"Where are you going? Come inside!" Ezra shouted behind my back, but I didn't stop

I leaned myself on the fence of the balcony looking at the sea. The sight was inexplicable.

A jagged bolt of lightning ripped the sky in half and I bounced back still looking at it, wincing as each icy raindrop pierced my skin. The violent wind whipped my curly hair around my face and suddenly I could feel sharp pain in my heart. Like something just stabbed me. Tears mixed with rain as a numbing coldness gripped my heart. Thunder ruled across the sky, seeming to crack the world in half and reveal the fury of the ocean. It could only mean one thing-Depth of the sea was calling me.

"Amanda..." Bruna's words sounded like a music to my ears.

I turned around with bloody eyes filled with tears and then came inside.

"Are you okay? I'll get you a glass of water." Ezra was all of a sudden a sweetheart.

She ran downstairs to bring what she said.

"Are we going to see Marine?" Bruna asked worried and curiously.

"I am."

I changed into warm cloth and went out of our room to take something to eat before I go out. Bruna was following me constantly doing the same thing as I did.

"You're not going anywhere, are you?" Mom questioned while setting up the breakfast.

Both of us sat down, gobbling up our breakfast not answering.

"Here you go." Ezra handed me the glass of water.

"Thanks." I looked at her eyes and smiled slightly.

"Girls? Why do you have your shoes on? Can someone answer?" mom repeated.

"Marine called. It's urgent." Bruna said before I could say anything.

"Well, have you seen what it's like outside? And what does have anything with you Bru?"

"I'm not going to let Amanda go on her own."