Chapter 7

Amanda's POV

I headed to therapist without any word. I didn't tell anyone, and why would I? Everybody was sleeping. I hope I'd finish quickly.

Jackson was waiting for me at the place where we agreed to meet. He smiled while I was walking in his direction. Honestly, I was too weak to smile back, but I managed to fake smile. He leaned into a kiss when I got close.

"Have you been waiting for a long time?"

"No. I've just arrived."

He wrapped his strong arm over my shoulder and then we continued to therapist's house. I couldn't tell him what I've dreamed of. Maybe I should, but... I don't know. He'd think I was crazy and he would never want to see me again.

But, something crossed my mind. I know nothing about him. We met by chance and he was there on the wrong places but on right time and helped me out every time by now. Maybe this was fate? But still, it was all about me all this time. I was selfish.

Maybe I was just sick or something and I was making a big deal out of it. I know, I know, I injured my foot and I should go and see a doctor, but honestly, I didn't feel anything. It didn't hurt me, just like it never happened. But on the other side, I felt like my brain was damaged. It sounded wrong, but instead of pain in my head, I was hallucinating some weird and strange things.

Either way, I wanted to know something more about Jackson. Except the chit chat we had before I fell in the dark hole, nothing else happened and for some unknown reason I feel something for him.

"So Jackson, tell me something about you." I suddenly said out loud.

He was silent for a few seconds, but then he answered:

"Well... I'm from Spain, as you already know."

"Yeah, you told me that the last time, but what's your last name? Where do you live now? How old are you anyway?"

I laughed from the idea I've just asked him so many stupid questions that I should've already known. Luckily, he smiled back at me so I didn't look like a goof.

"Um.. My last name is Nobody..."

I cut in saying, "Wow! That's an interesting last name you have Jackson. How could you be from Spain then? Which part?"

"It's a long story, and it's not important, honestly." He looked down and removed his arm from my shoulder.

I had a feeling he got mad.

"Okay...you're right. Sorry." I apologized for putting my nose in his life, which was really rude and pushy.

But he glanced me and gently pushed me. We both smiled, and he said:

"I'm eighteen years old and currently I'm looking for a job . I live with my...um...sister and mother. My dad left us when I was baby, so I don't remember him. We live in a house far away from yours. Actually in sixth street on the other side of Lost town. And we moved here years ago, because my grandparents, who we were living with back in Spain, passed away, so we got here. Here you go. Happy?"

"Was that so hard?"

I joked and kissed him on his cheek. I stared at him for a long time, not knowing whether to ask something about his dad or grandparents, but I made my mind and decided not to. He obviously went through a difficult period and I didn't want to remind him of that. We'll leave that for some other time. 

"Why are you going to see that therapist? What's her name anyway?"

"I don't remember. I mean, she didn't introduce herself but on her door it says Marine Highway. But that's not hundred percent sure."