Chapter 17

Amanda's POV

"We've gathered around here tonight to say goodbye to our beloved sister and friend..."

"Bruna, this is not a funeral is it?" Mark interrupted with a smirk and everyone burst into laughter.

"Ha-ha very funny." Bruna rolled her eyes with a smile over her face and glanced the sand.

"Am, when are you leaving tomorrow?" Jackson asked.

"Early in the morning. Ugh, I'll be lazy to get up."

"Maybe you won't go after all." Thomas smiled revealing his white teeth, "We should stop you anyway."

"Well we could come tomorrow too?" Jackson continued with questioning look referred to the others.

"Great idea! And Sofia could join us since she couldn't make it tonight."

"Thomas, Jackson, slow down both of you. We don't wanna force anything. It's a long trip and I think she needs to overcome the fact that she's leaving. And as much as she needs our company, she has to do it by herself. We are here tonight and she appreciates it."

"Thanks lawyer." Mark muttered smiling.

"Cut it Mark." I eyed him, then continued, "Bruna's right. I'm really thankful to have you all here now. I love you."

"Owww! Pathetic!" they all booed at the same time and started laughing and hugging me.

"Okay, when is this party starting y'all?" Mark got up and turned on some music from his car that was parked near the bonfire, bringing out the crates of beer.

"Light up the bonfire, Ezrita!"

"What the hell Mark? Hahaha, someone's in a good mood."

The night was absolutely gorgeous

The night was absolutely gorgeous. No one expected that the weather would be nice at all, at least not after the storm this morning. It befell to be just perfect for all of us.  Laughter, coming in bursts was rolling like the waves that were hitting against the sand and rocks. The atmosphere was truly magical. And the beach was deserted, not a single soul to be seen. But it wasn't a surprise, we've chosen this place on purpose, because we knew that people think it's private, but since the owner passed away and no one has inherit it, we've been coming here all the time.

Mark was giving me the look, the whole time while all of us were drinking, dancing and goofing around. I felt like he wants to discuss something very important, and the only thing that crossed my mind was Sonia and her pregnancy. Something must have happened. We need to set aside and talk. He apparently wants that, but I'm not gonna push it. I mean, he was a jerk after all and doesn't deserve my good intentions.

"Am... We have to talk." he finally made his mind and approached me whispering that no one else could hear.

"What do you want?" I looked at him sternly and he continued pulling my elbow.