Chapter 6

Amanda's POV

Darkness. Coldness. Silence. It was kind of weird. I couldn't see my own finger in front of my eyes. I felt my legs and arms, and I could feel when I moved, but nothing to see; like I was blind. Everything was pitch black.

At first, it was unnoticeable, but slowly, I heard a strange hiss that was causing an echo. Then the sound was vibrating in my brain and it was really irritating, like it was ripping my ears off.

Then, while I could still hear the hiss, the darkness disappeared all of the sudden everything lighted up like bulb was in front of my eyes. Like someone suddenly switched on a spotlight in a windowless room. I closed my eyes instinctively or should I say, I covered them with my hands and turned around in another direction. I stood there for a couple of seconds and then a wet feeling made me wonder what is going on. I slowly looked down to see what's causing that wetness. I was freezing and I realized I was in the sea. Water was reaching my bellybutton and it was as cold as ice. I was astonished.

The coldness started to spread throughout my body, it became unbearable and my body felt numb. My eyes were wide open and I looked around. I had no idea where I was.

The gloomy sea was colliding with the red sky full of dark and huge clouds that were freaking me out. The water was rough, but around me were all calm waves that made an unusual circle. Something was floating in front of me, but I couldn't discern what that was. The funny thing was that I couldn't move, I mean, I could but just like I didn't want to. I didn't react at all, just standing there in one place, reaching the water with my fingers.

The sea level started to increase and it went up till my elbows and then it stopped. I didn't do anything, I just looked at one spot far away from me. Suddenly, a shiver ran through me, my skin started to peel from my head and I suppose all the way down my legs. I couldn't see it because of dirty water surrounding me. My hair that was halfway soaked became white with black locks.

I could feel everything happening to my body. It was like someone was cutting my skin off and pulling my hair from my scalp. It was terrible! I started to scream from pain and the noise that was still there. I put my hands over my ears and threw myself into the water.

 I put my hands over my ears and threw myself into the water

At last, peace. I was floating with my eyes closed for a while, deep in the water. It felt like something was pulling me down. But I didn't mind. What made me wonder is the fact that I was standing in somewhat shallow water, and now when I was in it, it looked so deep and scary. The whole body felt numb and my white dress clung to my cold sensitive skin. Everything suddenly became slow. My breathing halted, my heartbeat slowed, my ear deaf.

"Amanda!" I could barely hear someone calling me.

It may just be my imagination. I didn't react, I waited for that faraway voice to be repeated.

"Amanda!" Then, I opened my eyes and pushed myself up, but I couldn't come out.

It was unbelievable! I started kicking my legs and try swimming up but it was like I was swimming in one place. I started losing breath, strength, vision. I was starting to get weary of all and the worst is the fact that that unbearable noise appeared again followed by someone calling my name.