Chapter Twelve

Here's the next chapter, sorry for the wait! The video at the side is by a girl who goes by the name of Lights, and she is very awesome, so please watch, or just play it while you read :P

Enjoy!

**************************************************************************************

     On Thursday Michael decided to finally go and visit some of his friends who lived in Haverfordwest, after having put it off for almost three weeks now. Dee drove him there on her way to work, and Beth and I were going to pick him up later in the afternoon.

     Beth and are were grateful for the time to spend together, as happy as I was that I was going out with Michael, it didn’t mean I wanted him there every second of the day. We got up early that morning so that we could say bye to him and once Dee had driven off in her car, we stood in the hallway, not sure what to do.

     ‘So it’s just us today,’ Beth said. ‘Any plans?’

     ‘You know I haven’t,’ I told her.

     ‘What about Isha?’

     ‘What about her?’ I asked.

     ‘Well you haven’t seen her in a while,’ she pointed out. ‘Does she not want to meet up or something?’

     ‘Isha’s not really one for asking to meet up, it’s normally me who suggests it.’

     ‘Right.’

     ‘So why d’you ask? It’s not like you’ve got friends who want to do stuff with you,’ I said.

     ‘Well actually, I do,’ she told me.

     ‘You do?’  

     ‘Yeah,’ she shrugged. ‘People from school are always inviting me to parties and stuff.’

     ‘And you never go?’ I asked.

     ‘Well you don’t really enjoy those parties.’

     ‘You don’t have to take me,’ I told her. ‘When’s the next one?’

     ‘Tonight.’

     ‘Go,’ I told her. ‘And take Michael.’

     ‘Michael will want you to come,’ she warned me.

      ‘Fine I’ll come then,’ I said. ‘I just think that Michael as a seventeen-year-old boy who lives in Manchester is probably used to going out and partying much more than we do.’

     ‘You’re probably right about that,’ she agreed. ‘He didn’t say anything to you did he?’

     ‘No, of course not,’ I reassured her. ‘He’s definitely enjoying himself and stuff, but I just get the feeling that it wouldn’t hurt to take him out some evenings.’

     ‘Okay,’ she said. ‘Why did I not think of this?’

      I shrugged. ‘We live in St David’s, it’s not exactly a hot bed for night life. But most teenagers in cities go out at least every Friday and Saturday night.’

     ‘Right, so we’ll go out tonight. What should we do until then?’

      ‘I just feel like hanging out,’ I told her. ‘What I really want to do is watch Monsters Inc. I mean we have to make up for the maturity of tonight somehow.’

     ‘I like your thinking,’ Beth said, and we ran off to the sitting room, feeling like little kids again.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------