Chapter Fourteen

This is dedicated to Hollykinz, not only for being a wonderful reader and leaving wonderful comments, but also for being an amazing writer (check out her story, it's great!) and also for being the first person I'd call a friend on Wattpad! 

So here's chapter fourteen, not action packed, I know, but in Chapter Sixteen something REALLY BIG happens, it will be exciting!

Vote, comment, fan ;)

Happy reading!

*****************************************************************************

     I tried right from the beginning to be a better person: to be more grateful for the things people did for me, to treat people better in general. But when you’re living in a house with three other people and spending all your time with them you don’t get that much of a chance to change.

     It wasn’t till three days later, on Wednesday, when I got a real chance at doing something nice.

     It was a grey drizzly day, so the beach was out of the question, but we didn’t feel like just hanging out in Haverfordwest, so instead we planned to go to a nearby indoor swimming pool called the Blue Lagoon.

     It wasn’t really a swimming pool, but instead an indoor water park, full of flumes, Jacuzzis, rapids and a wave machine. It was very much something for young kids, but Beth and I were never against doing something “because we were too old”, that excuse was for those who were more mature or at least pretended they were.

     We had just decided on going when Michael suggested I ask Isha if she wanted to come with us.

     ‘That’s a bit random,’ Beth said. We hadn’t told her about our conversation on Sunday, so she had no idea why he would think of this girl he didn’t even know.

     ‘I just thought she might like it,’ he told her. ‘I mean Debby’s always talking about her, but I’ve never met her, so she could come.’

     ‘I guess,’ Beth shrugged. ‘There’s space in my car and she’s nice. Yeah, call her Debby.’

     ‘I’m already on it,’ I told her, phone in hand. We all sat in silence as I waited for her to pick up.

     ‘Hey,’ her voice came down the phone, after the tenth ring or so.

     ‘Hey, Isha,’ I said. ‘You want to come to the Blue Lagoon today with me and Michael and Beth?’

     ‘Sure, are you leaving soon? I’ll go get my swimming costume out now!’ She sounded enthusiastic, and I felt good about myself already.

      ‘Yeah, we’re gonna leave in like ten minutes,’ I told her. ‘Lets say we’ll pick you up in quarter of an hour, is that cool with you?’

      ‘Yep, see you then,’ and she hung up.

     ‘Well I guess we should leave soon then,’ I told them.

     ‘Why would you say we’re leaving in ten minutes?’ Beth cried. ‘Do I look ready?’ I looked at her, her hair was done up in a messy ponytail and she was wearing a big orange t-shirt and that was it.

     ‘Well you look nice,’ I joked, but honestly, she still looked beautiful to me: she always did. Though I guess it probably wouldn’t be acceptable to go out in public like that, however beautiful you are.

     ‘You can get dressed in ten minutes, can’t you?’ Michael said sceptically.

     ‘Just about,’ she replied, but she didn’t move.