Giving thanks

Hiccup was hammering rivets in the treated leather of toothless's saddle. Once he was finished he grabbed a pair of tongs and grabbed a piece of red hot Steel and began to use its heat to mark in the skull in toothless's back wing.

"Okay bud once this is done we can paint it and go back to the edge."

Y/N walked closer to the forge and saw hiccup burning the leather.

"Hey hiccup. Are you busy?"

Hiccup put the piece of metal in a bucket of water.
"Not anymore. What do you want?"

Y/N held a map of the many isles Berk and Dragons edge showing in the middle corner.

"This is a map of our given locations over here." He points at a very large island. "Is where my home is. Hiccup I'm giving you this map as a thank you for helping me. I'm gonna go back and talk to my father about Berk and the dragon riders."

"Wait you can't go if you take a boat then it will take too long you have to go by dragon."

"I already came here by boat. Hiccup please take this to your father he's the chief right?"

"Yes he is but-"

"Then give him this map tell him to prepare defenses. I'll try to buy you time. Just be prepared."

"NO! You have to listen to me taking a boat is dangerous especially if you leave berks docks."

Y/N looked at hiccup with confusion.

"Why?"

"There is this person named Dagur. He has this personal grudge against me and tried to kill me multiple times. Ever since I found this thing I call the dragon eye. He been after it ever since. He's completely crazy."

"Why couldn't you imprison him."

"I tried he broke out."

Y/N chuckled

"Hiccup!" Stoick yelled and walked over.

"Who is this? now that I can ask."

"Dad this is-"

"I am Y/N sir and I hold no ill will to your dragons. Unlike most people where I come from."

"Sir? I like him already hiccup."

"Yeah he's alright."

"Is there anything else you need to tell us."

"Yes there is actually. I was wondering if I could train in dragon riding."

Hiccup looked at him surprised

"Your gonna stay?"

"Yeah I'm gonna stay."
__________________________