Training

"Welcome to Dragon training." Gobber said as the wide door slides upwards to open.

"That never gets old to you does it?" Hiccup asked sarcastically.

"No, no it does not."

As gobber gave his lesson on dragons Y/N looked around. In a cage directly across from him laid a dragon. It was a deadly naddar. With blue scales and mix of both pink and purple as its eyes.

"Now you got that?" Gobber asked turning around.

Y/N stood attentive. "Yes sir mr. Gobber."

"Okay now you have to choose your dragon. But keep in mind it also chooses you." Gobber said as he walked away outside of the cage.

"Hey hiccup what's this one?" Y/N pointed to the naddar.

"It crashed near my old cove two months ago. it was wounded from hitting a tree."

The gate for the cage opened and Y/N jumped back. But hiccup was there to grab his wrist.

"It's alright he won't hurt you." Hiccup said as he placed his hand on the dragons snout.

"See? Look. It's perfectly fine."

Once Y/N set his hand down he looked over to gobber and his dragon stood close.

"Thank you hiccup now let's learn how to fly."

After a few weeks of trail and error hiccup and Y/N both get ready for travel to dragons edge.

"Alright so some of my friends may be a bit...different...Especially the twins. Oh and take no offense to snotlout he doesn't really mean it."

"What about Astrid. She's been a bit rude lately."

"Oh her? She's like that sometimes. She'll warm up to you."

Y/N set his last thing in his duffle bag and say on his dragon, which he named Hydra.

"You ready to go hiccup?"

"Yes let's head out."

And they both flew to dragons edge.