9

"I'm really sorry." Liam sat by me in English. I frowned at him, not completely sure of what he meant. Why was he apologizing?

"For what?"

"I should have gone out with you guys, not stay at that party." he started off. Immediately I glared at him and I watched as he slowly faded out of his sentence.

"Don't be sorry Liam. We'll go out for Niall's birthday, okay?" I looked at him as I waited for a nod in response. We both smiled at eachother before our attention was on the door. In walked Niall, who was coming back from the bathroom. I covered my mouth, keeping the giggles inside.

He was wearing a pair of black ray-banz, a huge smile across his face. Liam and I rolled our eyes together at him, making fun of him in our minds. "Like my shades?" Niall pointed up to his shades with both hands, clearly excited.

"Why are you wearing shades?" Liam asked him as if it was the oddest thing he had ever laid eyes on.

"He's got to wear shades 'cause his future's so bright!" I said in the most ghetto voice I could manage, throwing up a random symbol with my hands. The two of them shouted 'OOOHHHHHHH!' at my comment, making us all end up in giggles.

"You guys are a silly bunch of students." Mrs. George smiled at us as she worked with some papers. Before we knew it, the students in first hour began to pile into the classroom. I grabbed the book we were currently reading and placed it on my desk. I was eager for a discussion today. We had just finished the book last night.

Out of the blue, in walked Harry Styles. I tried my best to keep my mouth from falling agape from shock. I looked at him confusedly. "Excuse me mate, but you're in the wrong class. It's about to start." Liam kindly told him, a warm smile on his face.

"No, I'm in the right place." he chuckled to himself and took a seat next to Mack, who still had to sit near us in class because of assigned seats. I rolled my eyes and kept face forward so I didn't have to look at him.

"You transferred?" Liam asked. Harry nodded in response. A small piece of bundled up paper hit my back. I turned around to see Mackenzie giggling and Harry smirking.

"How could you feel that under all those layers of fat?" He asked me curiously, as if the answer honestly intrigued him. My face turned red and I looked away. "Look babe, she's embarrassed." I overheard Harry speak.

"Babe?" Niall took the words right out of my mouth.

"Are you guys dating?" Liam asked in shock. Harry answered with a loud 'Yup!'. I turned around the opposite way, so I didn't have to look at Harry as I went. I looked Mackeznie straight in the eyes, and she knew exactly what I was thinking. 

"Hi, I'm Dannica and I have a question." I sweetly smiled to her. She nodded, letting me know to continue. "Who the fuck are you and what have you done with Mackenzie?" I asked her angrily, my teeth clenching together towards the end.

"Dannica, pay attention and watch your language." Mrs. George shouted from the front of the room. I slowly turned around and faced the front. She stared at me as if she was asking permission to continue without my disruptions.

"Go ahead." I waved my hand forward at her as I rolled my eyes. She looked very unamused, but at this moment I could care less. Hurt? That wasn't even the beginning of the feelings I was feeling right now. I couldn't even think of any words to describe the emotions running through me.

"Let's talk about the relationship between Lenina and John." Mrs. George announced, taking a seat in her chair at the front. Harry raised his hand immediately. "Have you read the book Mr. Styles?" she asked worriedly.

"Yeah." He proceeded. "I honestly think there is a love hate relationship going on between the two of them." he adjusts himself in his seat, leaning his forearms on the desk and grunting.

"Really? What makes you say that?"

"Well you see, when Lenina barges into his room and begins to take off her clothes to make love, he rejects her." he fiddled with his fingers as he spoke, looking down at the desk, "But beforehand he twaddles away about how he says he loves her and that they can't be properly together because he believes in marriage." he raises and eyebrow as he continues.

"He goes on about things in what I'd say is the 'real world', I, E," I rolled my eyes at the way he used quotation marks and spoke as if he was reading from an essay, "love, shakespeare, marriage and everyday metaphors. Lenina get's so frustrated because she just wants to throw herself away at him, yet claims she loves him. Then she gets angry after HE get's angry and get's locked in another room." he smiles as he finishes his spiel.

I rose my hand, eager to give my input. "Yes, Dannica." 

"I don't think there's any love hate going on. I see love. Lenina just doesn't understand the concepts of reading from books and learning things. She's so brainwashed and hooked on a schedule that fits the society she's been raised in, how the hell is she supposed to know what love is?" I argued against Harry's point. His hand rose and he spoke again.

"How I see it is that, she's so infatuated with this boy who is different that she calls it love. Then, when she doesn't understand something he does it frustrates her to the point that she is angry and can't stand him. Tell me how that's even love? I don't think it's love at that moment."

"But did you ever possibly think that the reason Lenina acts so afraid and confused with him is because she isn't conformed to the standards of HIS society? She know's nothing but of the way she lives. She fell for him because he's different! All he wants to do is make her love him the way he thinks love should be seen. They don't hate each other at all."

"I never said they didn't love eachother, and I never said that they completely hated each other. It's like a back and forth battle. The second they get frustrated one of them flips out and decides that it's their fault or that they shouldn't be."

"You're so ignorant Harry, did you even read the book? He KILLS himself because he attacks her! It's obvious they care about each other. You can't just call it love hate because they get frustrated with each other! That's not the way it works!" I practically screamed at him. My body was turned fully towards him, the conversation no longer between the class. It was a disagreement between Harry and I.

"So you don't see any love hate going on between the two love interests?" he asks me interested.

"Absolutely not! They long for eachother, whether Lenina is 100% sure of it or not. The only reason she could ever over think it is because she doesn't understand what love it, but I'm pretty sure it's there!" 

"So they love eachother?" he asks me simply. I calm down a bit, falling back into my seat.

"Yes." I nod as I speak barely above a whisper. The whole class is quiet as Harry and I had settled that situation. I didn't mean for me to end up as the one who is right. Infact, there really isn't a right or wrong answer in an opinionated question.

"Well, those were both very nice views on the topic." Mrs. George awkwardly announced after a few moments of silence. I sighed and played with the pages of the book, not wanting to listen or ingratiate myself into any other conversations for the class period. That was far too eventful for me.

~~~

From idkanamewtf: