20

A/N: Hi guys. This is by far going to be the most eventful chappie so far.. Like honestly. xD so PLEASE; This took me HOURS to write and perfect. I've been thinking about this chappie for over a week, no joke. It takes a FEW SECONDS to comment and vote. Please do it? Thanks so much it means a lot to me x ♥

~~~~~~~

"Dani. I need you to listen to me. Right now." Niall grabbed me by the shoulders, shaking me ever so slightly. I scowled and pushed his arms off of me.

"Listen to you? Right now?" I asked him angrily. "There's no way."

"Don't be so stubborn Dannica." he leaned closer to me, making me feel vulnerable.

"I'm not stubborn." I visciously defended myself. "I just don't think I want to hear whatever it is you have to say. I already know it's not good."

"Dannica, it really can be." he tried to ease me up.

"Niall you're lying to me." I shoved him away.

"Listen to me." he repeated.

*THE DAY BEFORE*

"Maria, can we do something?" I whined as we sat in the livngroom, watching t.v. together. She laughed and looked over at me.

"Like what? It's Sunday, there's nothing interesting we can do." she laid herself out even farther across the couch, stretching out her body. All we ever did was sit around and watch movies, doing nothing interesting. It was nice to not have an abusive adult, yes. But I was getting bored of the same old, same old.

"We can go shopping." I suggested with a wink.

"Oh yeah?" she giggled, "With what money?"

"I know where my dad keeps his money." I rose an eyebrow. It didn't even bother me that I was thinking about stealing all of his money that he had saved up for so long.

"He has money?" she looked at me seriously, and I nodded meekly. She seemed very intrigued by that information. I got up and walked into my dad's room, Maria following closely behind. I opened his closet and reached up into the top left corner.

There was a box that I grabbed. I opened it and stared down for a few moments. Some of my moms clothes, pictures and other small valuables sat in there. Slowly and cautiously I pulled each thing out, handling them with care. In the very bottom of the box I pulled out a jewelery box.

A golden chain with a butterfly shaped diamond laid in there. My fingers stroked the butterfly, my eyes welling up with tears. I hadn't seen any of this since we put this box together and put it away. I lifted the cushion, and surely there it was. A huge wad of cash my dad had saved up for a rainy day.

Well it was my time. My whole life seemed to be a rainy day. I gripped it tightly in my hand and put everything back away in the box. Maria patiently sat behind me, waiting for me to finish. When everything was put back away with care, I held up the money for her. We got dressed and headed out to go shopping together.

~~~

Marina and Niall were standing in front of our english class, waiting for me. I smiled as I walked up to them, but I hardly meant it. I wasn't taking the biggest liking to the amount of time they spent with each other. I loved Marina and Niall, but I was a jealous type. A major jealous type.

"Hey guys." I hugged Niall as I made it up to them. "What's up?" I asked nonchalantly.

"Oh, I was just waiting with Niall for you." Marina smiled innocently. I wrapped my arm around her as I hugged her too. "I need to get to my history class now." she shrugged.