24

"Here's your first class." Ruben stood in front of the pale blue door, gesturing for me to walk in. I bit my lip and nodded.

"Thanks." I mumbled softly, but I wasn't excited at all. What if there was another Harry here? What if someone knew about my blog? What if I made no friends? This was my last year of school and I didn't want to mess it all up. My thoughts got the best of me, making me panicked.

"You okay?" Ruben grabbed my shoulder, turning me towards him the slightest bit. My face heated up, making me look like a tomato. "Dannica?" he snapped in my face.

"I'm fine." I lied, pretending as if nothing happened. He chuckled and went to turn away.

"Good luck Dannica." He smiled and gave me a quick hug. "I'll make sure to be back for your next class." He assured me, and with that I was left alone to go into my math class.

The room was filled with slight chatter as I entered, which made it easier. Usually my math class was quiet and boring, which was why Niall and I were considered so obnoxious when it came to that class. I felt the eyes watching me as I went to the teacher.

"Hi. I'm new." I told her shyly.

"Ah yes. Dannica right?" she asked me curiously and I nodded. "Ooh, from London. That's fun." She giggled, grabbing a paper from her desk. "Let's see."

I tapped my foot impatiently, all of my nerves getting the best of me. There was nothing worse than being a new student, let alone in a new country. I didn't even sound the same. "You can sit in the back by Emarah." She encouraged me, asking Emarah to raise her hand.

I walked to the back and sat next to her, feeling nervous. The butterflies were in my stomach, and this time it wasn't from kissing Niall. She smiled as I took my seat and the bell rang, signaling class to start.

The teacher, Mrs. Courtney, began to cover a subject that I already knew, so I sat back and tried my hardest to pay attention. I was more worried about the thoughts people were having about me. Damn my insecurities. "Uh, Dannica." Mrs. Courtney called on me, catching me off guard. Who picks on the new girl?

"Yeah?" I asked nervously.

"Can you answer part b for us?" she smiled kindly. I read the question quickly. B) A U B.

"Uh, that would be 1,3,4,5,8,9,0." I listed off as I read the numbers on the board. This was stuff from last year, and it was far too simple for me. She seemed impressed though, so I felt pretty confident with myself.

"Oh my gosh, you're british?" Emarah asked me in a quiet, excited tone. I giggled and nodded, seeming as everyone else in the room was pretty intrigued too. A few people turned around to look at me. I didn't like it much, but at least it wasn't for a bad reason.

"You sound so cute!" she gushed, clearly amused with the way I spoke. I really found nothing interesting or cool about it, but whatever entertained her.

~~~

"You can sit with us at lunch, if you'd like." Ruben walked with me to the cafeteria. I gave him a pleading look; I felt so awkward, as if I was bothering him, but I really didn't want to be sitting alone. It would be embarrassing. And if anyone knows embarrassing, it's me.

"Please." I meekly asked him, and he chuckled as he flicked his chin over in the direction that we were going to sit. He took a seat in the middle of the lunch room, patting the chair next to him. I sat down, pulling my bag from the side of me and setting it on my lap. I grabbed my phone and immediately texted anyone. It was 4 hours later down there so if it was 12 here, they would be out of school by now.

Group SMS;
To Niall, Liam, Louis, Zayn, Harry: Hiii guys this school is so weird....

I wasn't sure if I should have sent it to Harry or not. The only reason I decided I would do it was because even if I hated Harry, I really didn't. But the only person I would ever admit that to is myself. Although, sometimes I feel paranoid- if someone else could read my thoughts then they would know exactly how I feel.

I hate Harry. I hate Harry. I hate Harry. I hate Harry Styles.

Niall: i know.. same! everyone keeps asking why you haven't been here.

Zayn: Nialls right.. I told them I didn't know....

Me: Why?! Tell them the truth.. I'm not coming back.

Louis: yeah you are. :)

Zayn: What Lou said!

Me: Guys I have to stay here..

"Dannica." Ruben nudged me softly, getting my attention. I looked up from my phone to find a table full of people.Great- here comes the part where I have to meet everyone and attempt to learn their names. "So this is Dannica." Ruben introduces me.

"Hello." I wave once and smile shyly. He began to start naming off everyone. 

"This is Kyle, Jack, Sophie, Liam, Grace, Desirae, and Dominic." he went down the row, and then beside us. I tried to put each of the names to the faces, but it was kind of odd to put Liam to another face. 

"Oh. Um." I mumbled, not knowing what to say. "Cool?" I shrugged, biting down on my lip. I had absolutely no idea how to respond. "My best friends name is Liam." I looked over to the blonde haired boy, him being the only one I knew how to respond to. I checked my phone again.

Harry: No ya don't..

Liam: Do I need to repeat  what they said cuz i think you get the point???

Louis: DANNICA ANSWER US

Me: Omg I just met someone else named Liam.

Liam: oh no :(

"Oh that's cool! Why did you move over here, if you don't mind me asking?" Liam asked kindly, "I mean it's pretty obvious you're not from New York." he chuckled.

"Oh just family reasons really." I tried to answer with as little detail at possible. He nodded, noticing that I wasn't going to go into detail. I didn't mind him asking, aslong as he didn't pressure me into basically telling my entire life story.

To Louis(separate sms*): Want to see Ruben?

From Louis: DUHHH

"Ruben." I leaned over, closer to his ear. He turned his head to look at me, making our faces really close. "Oops." I laughed quietly, leaning back a bit. "This is going to be really awkward but my friends want to see what you look like, can I um,"

"Yeah that's fine." he cut me off, a huge smile on his face. I could feel myself turning red. He was so sweet and kind about everything, and he looked gorgeous. A personality to match a face was always the best thing in the world. I put my phone on camera and flipped it to face us. I leaned over and took a picture with him.

He looked flawless. It was not fair.

To Louis: Attach Image
                  Here

From Louis: WOAH I'M SHOWING MACK

Liam: and you're not answering again.. this is really oh no :(

Me: Liam you're my favorite Liam in the whole wide world<3333

Niall: wbm??

Me: Yeah you're my favorite Liam in the whole wide world too omg Niall shush xD

Louis: you gonna date him?

Louis: oh facking frick man wrong message 

Louis: ....I was talking about Liam. 

Liam: what

Me: You guys are impossible...

Liam: what

Louis: SEE LOOK HOW CUTE

From Louis: oh god I am so sorry...

To Louis: I am going to hurt you ;____;

Harry: you're fucking kidding me right now

Me: NOPE ILY LIAM

Liam: w h a t 

Me: nothing lou is being  stupid. ily but yaknow. you're um. Liam. 

Liam: you know what. the feeling is mutual dani xD

Me: *phew* I didn't want Louis to get me into some shit rn.

From Liam (separate): So who was he talking about?

Niall: what de heck guys

Me: Ruben

Harry: who?

Me: I am never ever ever doing group sms again... /dies

~~~

"Hi I'm Dani." I introduced myself to the girl next to me in my english class. I was more than excited about my english class. I knew this was going to be a whole new debate environment. I loved debating. It was the only thing I wasn't nervous about.

"Lara." she smiled at me. "Welcome, I guess." she giggled under her breath. She sounded exactly like me- unsure of what she should say, yet saying it anyways. It was quite relieving to relate myself to someone I had just sat down next to.

As the class went on, I discovered that they were discussing yet again, another Dystopian book. I think this was a lower level book though. 1984. I waited for my new teacher, Mr. Dawson, to say something that would spice up a debate, although he did nothing.

"Dannica, have you read this book?" he asked me, bringing everyones attention towards me. I sank lower in my seat, looking at Lara for a second. She looked just as awkward as me as we sat in the back with all of the students eyes on us.

"Yeah I have." I nodded.

"Oh really? That's quite a higher level book, don't you think?" he asked me curiously. 

"I don't think so. I read it last year and it was pretty simple." I shrugged.

"Hmm. And what do you think about a totalitarian goverment?"

"I think it's very... Interesting?" I questioned, not sure of my opinion. Sure I believed it was bad, but at the same time it could have it's perks. Before he could continue on, the bell rang. 

"We'll continue this conversation tomorrow!" he loudly declared as everyone left the classroom. Lara asked me what class I had next and I took out my schedule. I had a full schedule out here. It bummed me out, but atleast I got classes I didn't particularly hate. 

"I have spanish." I told her nervously.

"Same here!" she exclaimed, dragging me off with her to our next class. 

~~~

"Hi grandmum." I opened the door slowly as I got home. She was sitting on the couch, watching re-runs of the show Project Runway. You go fashionista grandmum! She looked over at me for one second, not even attempting to smile or say hello back, then returned to her television show. 

I walked past her to my room. If she hadn't walked into the bathroom last night, I would have gotten a "Hey sweetie! How was your first day of school? Did Ruben help you? Do you want some food, I have fried chicken? I got you some shampoo and it doesn't smell like coconut! Oops, silly me, I didn't even let you talk!" followed by a sweet giggle and a big hug.

I kicked the door open, not caring at this point. As I walked over to my bed I set my bag randomly on the floor. My body plopped down onto my bed and I grabbed my phone out. I scrolled endlessly through my pictures, which I had seen millions of times before.

From Harry: How are you?

To Harry: can I talk to idkaname?

From Harry: always. 

I changed his contact name so I could pretend like it wasn't him. So everything could go back to the day he first messaged me as a complete stranger. It was easier that way.

To idkanamewtf: I miss everyone.. I'm upset. I was perfectly fine but now that I am just alone, I feel like crying forever... You'll never guess who walked in on me in the br last night...

From idkanamewtf: who?

To idkanamewtf: my grandmum. and now she isn't talking to me? can you believe this?...

From idkanamewtf: why are you still doing this to yourself love?

To idkanamewtf: because i want to.

From idkanamewtf: you're already perfect you know...

To idkanamewtf: that's what you think..

From idkanamewtf: you don't think i know what i think?

To idkanamewtf: i really fell for you, yaknow...

From idkanamewtf: i'm sorry. a million times sorry.

To idkanamewtf: I know you are Harry.. Trust me, I know.

From idkanamewtf: you wanna know something about me?

To idkanamewtf: oh sure...

From idkanamewtf: when i was younger, I failed my math test and i thought my parents were going to kill me.

To idkanamewtf: aww? [:

From idkanamewtf: so my friends threw me a fake funeral with flowers and it was really sad. 

To idkanamewtf: that's adorable!

From idkanamewtf: until you hear the other half of the story.

To idkanamewtf: tell me.

From idkanamewtf: come here and i will.

To idkanamewtf: ......

From idkanamewtf: fun fact; an octopus has 4 hearts and it would still never love you as much as i do..

To idkanamewtf: you make me want to cry...

From idkanamewtf: why?

To idkanamewtf: because i fucking love you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: sorry this has sooo much texting because it's a 1d fanfic. i need to have them in it and it's the only way yaknow?C: 
more in the next chappie i just NEEEDED to update. x♥

stats:
13572 reads, 737 votes, 389 comments
fan fic#651
teen fic#700
sept 28, 2013 ♥