13

"Can I work with you guys?" A girl approached Niall and I as we began to do our calculus homework in class. She was a new student with the most amazing blue hair. I gawked at it for a few seconds before nodding. She pulled up a seat and placed her notebook on the desk.

"So you're from America?" I took note of her accent.

"Yeah, and you guys are british." she teased me back and looked at us, "So have you guys ever like," she thought for a moment, "had tea with the queen?" she giggled.

"Have ye ever had McDonalds with Obama?" Niall was quick to have a sarcastic reply. This boy was so funny sometimes. All three of us erupted into laughter together, earning a few stares from our other classmates. I never understood why people cared so much about math and having a silent room while they worked. It was quite annoying.

"You're irish." she turned her head at Niall and smiled widely. I'm guessing she had a thing for irish people by the way she said it. He nodded at her and I watched as her face lit up. Does anyone else see sparks or is it just me?

"I'm Dannica." I introduced myself to her.

"Niall." he smiled and followed along.

"I'm Marina." she stuck her hand out for us to shake it, to which we happily obliged.

"I like your hair." I complimented her vibrant hair. It really was pretty. She thanked me and the three of us began to work on the homework, making stupid jokes every now and then. It wasn't very productive, but by the end of class Niall finished two masterpieces.

"Voila!" He exclaimed as he set the last piece in place. He should probably become a hair stylist because he loves it so darn much. I looked over to Marina who had scattered strands of paper in her hair, making her look a mess. I imagined I looked just as obnoxious; the other students in the class thought we were obnoxious. "That's going to cost ye guys. I don't work for free." Niall put his hand out to accept money.

"Oh, here I uh, I think I have something," she stuck her hand in her pocket and fidgeted around in it, "right here." a smirk spread across her face as she brought her hand out from her pocket, giving Niall a not-so-nice finger, if you catch my drift. This caused Niall to practically roll on the floor in laughter.

"I like you." I stated to her promptly.

"The feeling is mutual." she smiled proudly as she turned the desk away to it's original seat. We packed up our work and waited by the door for the bell to ring. When it finally did I stepped out with Niall and turned back around.

"So Marina, you should hang out with us." I offered to her. It was Niall and I's last class of the day so we were leaving now, but it was just a general statement. She nodded quickly and agreed.

"What class do you guys have next?" she asked as she pulled out her schedule.

"We're done for the day." I shrugged. We said our goodbyes and Niall walked with me down to spanish. Louis borrowed my car for the day since his broke down and Maria is a witch. He was going to pick Niall and I up to take us back to his place. I hadn't got the chance to go to Louis' house yet.

"You coming in?" Niall asked me. He was going to do a few sentences for the month, but I denied. I didn't really feel like talking to Mr. Wo this week; I was stubborn and still angry about the phone thing. I sat outside of the classroom and slid down against the wall so I was sitting on my bum. My jumper sat loosely on me, my hair up in a high ponytail. My leggings were sliding up my calves as I sat.

I took out my phone and turned the camera on so I could make sure my makeup was okay. It didn't seem very worn out, yet I felt like I was going to need to touch up. There were footsteps headed my way as I examined my reflection. I looked up, only to be greeted by a face I did not want to see right now.

"Do you think you look pretty today?" Harry asked me, sounding very calm. It almost seemed like a compliment, but I knew something was up. I didn't respond and just looked up at him, slowly putting my phone away. "I'm just asking a question Dannica, god damn." he grunted, taking a seat on the floor opposite of me.

"I suppose I do." I shrugged, my voice small.

"Want to hear a statistic?" he rose an eyebrow at me as he adjusted himself to sit up in a better posture. My entire body relaxed at his voice. He wasn't insulting me, he was having an actual conversation with me. I nodded a few times and he smirked. "It's proven that humans see themselves five times prettier than they actually are." he chuckled.

My face was hot. I could see the red glow of embarrassment burning off of my cheeks when he said those words. I mentally rolled my eyes at myself for possibly thinking that he was trying to have a civil conversation with me for once. "You like doing this, huh?" I asked him meekly.

"Doing what?" he shrugged innocently.

"Making me feel like this." I looked down, "Watching me crumble underneath you because you know you can." I could feel myself beginning to feel vulnerable. I was about to cry and I knew it. Just the slightest things he ever said to me made me feel like complete and utter shit.

"Hey Dannica, let's go." Niall swung the door open, stopping when he saw Harry sitting across from me.

"Yeah, let's go." I nodded and reached up for him. His hand grasped mine firmly as he helped me up. We walked over to the parking lot, Harry close behind. I just wanted to punch him in his scum face; couldn't he just leave me alone? He doesn't have to follow me everywhere.

I sat in the backseat so I could have a seat next to Niall, but I quickly scowled and slammed the door shut. Already waiting in the back was Mackenzie. "Sorry Ni, but can you take one for the team?" I pleaded. He nodded and sat on her left side. Harry followed me around to the passangers side and I turned around before getting in the car. "What the hell do you want?" I shouted at him, my arms flailing around.

"Calm down psycho. Lou is my ride home too." he chuckled deeply as he slid into the back of the car. I sat in the front next to Louis, not wanting to pay any attention to everyone else. "Hey babe." I could hear Harry smooching it up with Mack. Poor Niall...

"Harry! Not in the god damn car." Louis growled back at him. I didn't see what the problem with kissing in a car was, but then it hit me. Louis liked Mack. A lot. The same way Zayn and I did until Kaylee came around. Maybe Harry and Kaylee should be the one's dating.

"Come on mate it's not doing any harm." I heard Harry kiss her one more time. Gosh it was pretty gross how sloppy it had to be for me to actually hear it. The sound kept playing in my head and I thought I was going crazy. I wasn't. They were still continuously doing loud pecks with each other.

"Mackenzie Ray!" I shouted furiously, turning around and hissing in her face when I couldn't stand it anymore.

"Dannica Elise!" Niall shouted back at me for letting it get to my head.

"Niall!" I shouted at him too. He didn't need to get into this right now. It was obvious I was far more than annoyed to have used her first and middle name to scold her.

"Your middle name is Elise?" Harry snorted obnoxiously, making me turn red.

"Harry!" Louis scolded him, making the car come to an abrupt stop. I flung forward a bit, grasping on to the seat to hold me in my place.

"Louis!" he shouted back.

"Niall!" Niall shouted, making everyone in the car laugh except me. I scowled and turned forward in my seat. I'm pretty sure that they all got the point by the 3 words that escaped my mouth.

"Take me home." I demanded.

"Dani you're supposed to come over." Louis pouted as he began to drive again.

"Just take her home Lou, she don't need to come in anyways." Harry was clearly pissed off at the moment. Even his grammar was scummy. Louis silently drove back to my place, Harry keeping silent aswell. I enjoyed it, quite honestly. There was nothing better than not having to hear his annoying voice, or listen to him kiss all up on my ex best friend.

We made it to my house finally, causing my to over excite myself. I opened the door and went to run out of the car and leave, but my seat belt caught me. I unbuckled myself as Harry laughed at my stupidity. I was such an embarrassment. I hurried out and practically ran to my front door to go inside. I was absolutely done with today.

~~~

"So do you guys want to go to my house?" Trevor, Samantha, Niall, Liam and I were standing outside of the math building, deciding where we wanted to go to start working on the project together. We didn't know where Harry was and we didn't particularly care.

"Is that going to be okay?" Trevor asked me cautiously, making sure I wasn't offering something up for them that would get us in trouble. I giggled and nodded and we headed out for my car. "Come on mate, hurry up." Trevor had called Harry so he could come with us. "Okay he's coming." he hung up his phone.

"Great." I sarcastically replied.

"Come on, he has to go Dani." Liam reminded me with an apologetic smile. I knew he had to, but I was just hoping and praying that he wouldn't. Couldn't he just take a bad grade? I'd taken enough bad grades because of him. Maybe not directly, but everything he said got to me. It made me stay up late crying or I couldn't stay focused and never finish an assignment. He could suffer for once too.

Harry approached us all in the parking lot. I sent him to go with Trevor and Sam. He could tell Trevor the directions to my house, since he already knew. That way I could steer clear of Harry, but still get everyone to the right place. We all headed down to my house.

"Hey Maria, I have some friends over for a project." I mumbled nervously, the tips of my feet rubbing into the carpet. I heard her shuffling from inside of the kitchen. She glared at Niall and Liam who were right next to me.

"No. You didn't ask me first." She shook her head. For this one moment, I was very thankful that Harry was walking up behind me. I moved to the side so he could walk in. "Oh baby! Harry!" Maria exclaimed and practically tackled him over in a hug. I guess they hadn't seen each other in quite awhile since Maria was living here most of the time.

"What?" Liam tapped my shoulder softly, whispering in my ear. I whispered back saying I would explain later and he nodded.

"Okay, go ahead. But I want everyone gone by 9 at the latest." Maria warned, lightening up the second she laid eyes on Harry. It was as if his presence brought out the greatness in her. I guessed that Harry just had this horrible effect that brought forth the opposite qualities in someone. He makes me an angry, upset person and he makes her a happy, kind person.

Off we traveled up the stairs into my room. I wasn't completely sure I wanted Harry in here, but it was bound to happen in this situation. A half-smile occupied my face as everyone looked around. Liam and Niall had been in here countless times, it was a natural action for them to go straight to my bed.

"Uh, we can all fit on the bed." I smiled and watched as Trevor and Sam joined Niall, Liam and I. We sat criss cross in an awkward circle. Harry stood near the bed, his hands in his pockets. "You can sit." I snapped at him. He grunted and took a seat.

"So what should we talk about first?" Niall asked.

"Well first of all, we should decide if it's a democracy or not." Trevor decided.

"We should have a king and queen." Samantha fluttered her eyelashes in a joking manner. Her smile was bright as she brushed her hair behind her head. Trevor chuckled along with Liam. Harry remained emotionless and unamused, whereas Niall was about to make another smart alec remark.

"Only if I get to be queen." Niall tried to make his voice high pitched. He failed miserably, might I add. He cleared his throat, "I mean, only if I..." he trailed off, "No I meant what I said." he concluded, causing all of us to giggle with each other. Harry stayed straight faced, making me uncomfortable.

"Okay, so are we going to do that?" I asked them and they nodded. I could already tell this wasn't going to be a very serious project, for christ sakes the first thing we decided was that Niall was going to be our queen. "Perfect. So I'm guessing Trevor wants to be king?" I pointed over to him.

"Only if you were my queen." he teased me, grabbing my hand and kissing the knuckles. I was glad I couldn't see my reflection at the moment because I knew I was brighter red than whenever Harry made obscene comments towards me. I had to compose myself and joke along.

"Oops Niall, looks like you have just been overthrown." I shrugged one shoulder at him and winked. "but seriously, Queen Niall and King Trevor?" I asked for assurance.

"We're obviously going to be home of the transvestites." Liam scoffed, making fun of our ideas. I playfully pushed him aside and giggled to myself. He was so stupid sometimes; in a good way!

~~~

"Zayn. I think you won the 20 bucks." I spoke over the phone to Zayn. Samantha, Trevor and Niall went down to McDonald's to get all of us some dinner. It was only 7:30 by now and we all planned to actually hang out until 9 as Maria suggested. Liam and Harry were both laying around my room playing on their phones.

"Where am I getting 20 bucks from?" he chuckled, obviously confused.

"You may have guessed right." I tried to sound suspicious, lingering on my words. As much as it killed me to admit it, I was happy with my results. If it was Niall, things would have became slightly weird. If it was Zac, I could honestly not see it. Trevor was a fun guy and definitely great on the eyes.

"Oh gosh, it's him?" He asked excitedly, completely amazed out of his mind. I tossed the idea around my head once more before agreeing and shreiking 'yessss!' to him. Harry looked over at me with scrunched eyebrows. I bit my tongue and calmed down.

"Why are you talking to Zayn?" he asked somewhat angrily.

"Because I can." I snobbishly retorted.

"Is that Harry?" Zayn asked me over the phone.

"Yep." I sighed.

"Anyways, you should message them and tell them you know who they are." I could imagine the flirtacious expression he had on his face as he said that. "Maybe you guys could, you know."

"Ew, I hope you don't mean the nasty!" I shouted over exaggeratedly, making Liam look at me questioningly.

"Dannica's going to get it on?" Liam winked over my way. I shook my head and threw a random pencil I had at him. He chuckled and blocked it, going back to his phone.

"No I mean date." Zayn answered my question.

"Do you think that would work? I mean, well actually. We should have this conversation later. I just needed to tell somebody for god's sakes!" I exclaimed. I was actually going to continue talking, but since Harry was in here I didn't want him to make fun of me for talking about liking a boy. Zayn and I got off the phone; perfect timing too.

"Oh gosh I am so hungry!" Liam shouted as he sat up.

"I think Trevor and Niall are going to eat everything." I whispered over to Samantha as she took a seat next to me. Trevor and Niall were already digging into the bags to stuff their faces. They passed out the food and I couldn't help but watch Trevor. I was so attracted to him right now.

"Trevor is so cute, don't you think?" Sam whispered over to me as I ate my chicken nuggets. I nodded in agreement; he definitely was. "Do you think we would, you know, make a good couple?" she asked me nervously. It was clear that she liked him. Very clear.

"Uh," I studdered as I was about to take a bite of my food. Should I say yes? Should I practically give her complete permission to date him? I mean, it's not like I for sure know that it's Trevor. I could be wrong. Then again, I could be right. And if Samantha get's him first, then it's game over.

I froze where I was and stared at him for a few seconds. If it was him, it would be evident. I was just so desperate lately that I was deciding it was him, even though it was so possible that it wasn't. She looked so happy and curious. There was no doubt that I wouldn't make her go through the same pain as me. Here goes the same old Dannica that makes everyone happy but herself,

"Yeah. You guys would be perfect." I set my food down. I forced the best smile I could and looked over to Liam. I had a feeling that he knew what was going on just by the way he looked at me. "Guys, I'm going to the bathroom." I stated. Instead of using mine I went downstairs where no one was around.

"Why is this so difficult?" I stared in the mirror, one tear sliding down my right cheek. My hands held onto the sink as I leaned over and cried. Liam was right; I was very fragile. I sat on my knees in front of the toilet, doing my notorious finger down the throat method. I must be skinny. I must be pretty. I must be perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think you really get to see how easy it is for Dani to break in this. How it's been going on for so long that she's just so fragile, as Liam said. This chapter was SOOO BORING IM SORRY LOL

sorry i didnt have a blog moment in this one, oops ;c

My number on the list in teen fic and fan fic is going up, bleh ;c

whatever I'm telling myself that popularity doesn't matter, even though it gets to my head. I love all of my readers, thank you so much! you make me happy and you keep me going each and every day ♥

stats:
3.2k reads, 196 votes, 126 comments
fan fic #924
teen fic #672

:) thanks ♥