32

*Harry's POV*

"What do you mean?" Dannica angrily grunted into the phone. She looked over at me on the bed to make sure I wasn't awake, most likely. I kept my eyes shut, although I could feel her staring at me, not looking away. 

"Look, I want to come be with you, but I have to stay here with Harry." she was practically whispering, me barely able to hear her. 

"Well I was wrong. Everything I said about him, was absolutely wrong." she screamed in a whisper, making me smile to myself. It got silent and I could hear her stepping closer to me, "Grandmum, I don't think I want to go back out there." she said quietly. 

I felt her hands come down, running through my hair. I swear, everything about her was so damn perfect. She scoffed and her hand left my head, her foot steps becoming loud as she stomped away angrily. "Can we make a deal?" she asked her upsetly. 

"What if, I go out with you for every break, but I can go to school out here?" she pleaded. Again there was silence. I tried my best not to move or say something in response to her. 

"What?" she screeched, "That's not fair!" silence. It was not fun not being able to know what was being said on the other side of the phone. All I could hear was Dani's remarks. "Just for this quarter? Then I can come back to London for second semester and go to uni out here." 

"You're just turning my offers into worse options, why do you hate me so much?" I heard Dani whine to her grandmum, making me pout. In my mind at least. "Going out there was the stupidest thing I ever did!" she screamed at her. I listened intently, but all I could hear now was Dani sobbing. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it," she apologized through her tears, "Please don't do this," she pleaded. I heard a loud pounding on a wall, making me jump a bit. Luckily, I'm assuming that she wasn't looking over at me, because she didn't notice. "Oh my gosh, I'm really, really sorry, I love you grandmum!" she sniffled. 

"Please don't be so harsh on me, you can't do this! I'm almost 18, I can make my own decisions!" she screamed. "I can get a job, I don't care how much money it'd waste." I peeked my eyes open and looked at her, "No! I don't want to. I refuse."

"What do you mean? I'm not a lovesick, rebel child. What the hell does that even mean?" she scoffed, choking a bit as she cried, "Yeah, well believe it or not he loves me, something no one in this family has ever done."

"Why would you even mention her? You really do hate me don't you. I swear sometimes I think it should have been anyone but her, at least she cared about me!" Silence. "Oh you sure care about me, don't you? If you cared you wouldn't be doing this." . . . "I can convince you otherwise." she said proudly, making me smile. She was such a hot mess sometimes- but she always stuck up for herself. 

"You can't break us up, are you crazy?" I felt my heart sink when she said that. I adjusted myself so my hand was under my head, turning my body so I could see her better. She was in her restroom, her phone attatched to the charger, but the door was wide open. "I have Maria out here." . . . "What do you mean, of course she's taking care of me." . . . "Yeah, she does love me."

"Stop it right now, don't threaten me like that!" she screamed into the phone nervously, "I don't care if we're related or not! If you do that I will never forgive you." . . . "Do it then. I fucking dare you."  . . . "I'm 17, god forbid I use one curse word." . . . "You're bluffing." . . . 

"I'm not giving you her number, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU! YOU'RE SUCH A WITCH, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?" She began to maniacally scream into the phone, holding it in front of her instead of by her ear. 

"What the hell is going on?" Louis burst through her door, walking straight over to the bathroom. I looked up at him apologetically and nervously as he walked over to Dannica. She turned around and looked at both of us sadly. Her face had tears all over. She held the phone out for Louis, and Louis began talking to her. 

"Look, I see where you're coming from ma'am, but Dannica is old enough to make her own decisions." he defended Dannica, just like I predicted he would. He bantered back and forth with her, making him grow angrier and angrier. 

When he finally blew his cool, he ended up giving in, Dannica shaking her head at him as soon as he hung up. I layed on the bed, extremely confused, scared and upset all at once. He looked over to her with sad eyes, the phone still at his ear. 

Slowly, he brought her phone down and stared at it, pressing the home button on her screen. She looked at it and then up to him. I could see her growing upset, seeming about ready to cry and kill him at the same time. 

"Did you let her win?" she asked him through gritted teeth. I sat up as she walked closer to him, leaning closer to her. He gulped once, making me nervous. What the hell was going on? "Louis, answer me." she demanded. 

"Look, Dani I tried," he began, fidgeting around with his fingers. 

"Not hard enough!" she snapped at him. I stood up, getting beside both of them so no one would attack each other. I wouldn't doubt that they would either. I looked at Dannica, bringing my hand up so I could tidy her up. I used the back of my finger to stroke away the tears, pushing her hair behind her ear. "Don't touch me." she swatted my hand away. 

"Is it final?" she asked him quietly. He looked down and nodded. 

"Do you really think Maria will defend you?" he asked her seriously. 

"I don't know, maybe!?" she raised her voice, flapping her arms around. "Maria loves Harry, right?"

"She can't stand you." he stated quietly, making Dani shut her mouth. "Look, you know I didn't mean it like that. I don't know what her problem is, she's hard to figure out. She had a-"

"Don't even fret, it's nothing new. I'm not worried." Dani put her hand up to make him stop talking. I grabbed her hand and held it between my own. She looked me in the eyes and I smiled a bit. I couldn't help myself.

I didn't care if she was just crying, or if her hair was crazy. Even if she was just acting like a psycho, she was still adorable. She was still gorgeous. She was still absolutely perfect. And I still beat myself up everyday for ever making her think otherwise. 

"I'll help you out babe, you know that. What's going on?" I asked her as kindly as possible, so she wouldn't freak out on me. She stared back at me for a second, as if she was thinking through something. Suddenly, she jerked her head to the side and looked away. She shook her head slowly. 

"Don't worry, I already know what I'm going to do." she whispered back to me, letting go of my hands. Louis looked at her confusedly, and she dragged him out of her room. I didn't want to snoop. If she wanted to tell me, she would. I would stay out of her business. 

Honestly, I'd do anything she wanted. And respecting her privacy was always going to be the first thing I'd ever do for her. That's what you do for people you love, right?

*~~~Dannica's POV~~~*

"What are you going to do?" Louis whispered to me, seeming very anxious. I didn't even have the guts to say it out loud. I just gave him a look, then looked at the door, mentally pointing him to Harry. He gasped and stared at me. "You're not going to..."

"Lou, I have to!" I screamed in a whisper. 

"No you don't." he shook his head. 

"I have no other choice. The last thing I want to do is be forced to not spend time with him," I started to explain, feeling extremely emotional. I was hating my life even more than I originally did at this point. 

"Is that even what you want to do?" he asked me nervously, grabbing me by my shoulders and staring directly into my eyes. I flinched away and looked at the floor, one tear dropping from my cheek to the carpet. "Your turn to answer me." he rose an eyebrow. 

"Of course not." I shook my head. 

"Then don't do it." 

"I'm going to do it." I told him, "And I don't want you to convince me otherwise." I told him straight forwardly, not wanting him to persuade me to not do it. 

"What are you even going to say? Because last time I checked, you were actually enjoying him for once." 

"I do enjoy him. I really really enjoy him. I adore him Louis. I like every single thing about him, I can't even explain it to you, honestly. Like, have you ever seen the way his eyes sparkle when he smiles? And the way his dimples show when he laughs. Do you ever see those things Louis?" I cried to him, "I really like those things about him, can you believe that? I like seeing him smile! It's the high light of my days." I rambled on. 

"Dannica." he shushed me. 

"What?"

"You love him." he stated. I stared at him blankly. 

"No I don't Louis. I hate him. I hate him so much, he hurt me! He made my life hard! He's the reason for all of this pain I'm feeling even to this day." I scowled at him. 

"You like his smile." he laughed, a half smile on his face. I walked a few steps to the wall, sliding down so I could sit down, my knees bent. He crouched down next to me and smiled adoringly. 

"I hate his smile." I grumbled angrily. 

"Girls are very confusing." he stated with a long sigh. 

"I can't believe he made me think I liked him. Boys are the confusing ones! They have like, black magic or something. He was able to make me actually believe that I was attracted to him. Can you believe that? I love him so much." I cried to him, letting out all of my feelings. 

"I know you do, I know." he patted my shoulder, giving it a quick rub. I looked up at him with dead eyes, completely at a loss for everything. I wasn't going to break up with Harry. That could never happen. We've come so far.. 

But how could I even forget everything he's ever said? Everything he did to me was so cruel. I must be an idiot for forigiving him so easily. I kissed him for goodness sakes. Who kisses the person they despise most? Is it even possible to fall for the person that hurt you most?

~~~

"What happened this morning?" Harry asked me over the phone, as soon as I answered. I was currently on my way, driving over to his house actually, but he didn't know that. My hair was curled loosely, and my makeup was packed on. 

I put on a pair of tight, black skinny jeans and a white tank top. Over top of that, I had on a leather jacket. My lips were coated with a deep red lipstick, and I was a few inches taller- thanks to my black, wedged, booties. 

"Nothing, my turtle died." I made up a stupid excuse, not wanting to talk about it. 

"Oh," he said softly, "Well I hope you're okay." he said sweetly. I bit my lip and stared at the road, feeling even guiltier than I did before. Was I really about to do this to him? I guess I was. But it didn't feel right. It didn't feel right at all. 

"Thanks Harry." I tried to keep my reply simple, not letting myself get emotional. I could almost see him smile, even though we were just talking over the phone. That same smile that I absolutely adored... "I'll be over in two." I told him. 

"Oh. I didn't know you were,"

"Surprise." I teased him. We hung up and I pulled into his driveway about a minute later. I stepped out of my car into the brisk air. I could see my breath if I had the correct lighting. "Hey you." I smiled, giving him a hug as I stepped inside. 

"Hello beautiful." he greeted me warmly, a wide grin across his face. I frowned and looked down. This was going to be a lot harder than I had played it in my mind. "Want to sit?" he offered. 

"Uh, no thanks." I turned down his offer, shaking my head. "I'm feeling a little fidgety, can I just," I began walking over into the kitchen, "Can I get some water?" I asked him nicely. 

"Of course." he sang to me. I nodded and grabbed a water bottle from the top shelf of his refrigerator. I walked back out and opened it, standing by the wall. I leaned against it and shove dmy hands in my pockets, after setting my bottle down on the nearby table. 

"You look lovely, are you going out tonight?" he asked me curiously. 

"Yeah, I'm just going to hang out with Zayn." I smiled kindly. 

"A little dressed up, don't you think?" he asked me cautiously. 

"Just felt like looking pretty." I shrugged. "Sorry I came over unannounced, I just thought I'd see you first." I tried to play myself off cooly. It was a lot harder to do the further into conversation we got. I could already feel my stomach fluttering nervously.

"Don't worry, I never get tired of seeing you." he dazed at me, staring a bit. I couldn't stand him staring, examining every feature on me. Even if he thought I was pretty, I didn't. 

"Don't say that." I muttered angrily to him. 

"I just think you're beautiful. I want to make sure you get that into your head since I never did that in the first place. I never wanted you to-"

"Just stop saying it, okay?" I snapped at him, looking away. I bit at my lip again, holding back my tears. 

"Why?" he challenged me, tensing up a bit. I watched his jaw clench together tightly. 

"Because I'm not!" I shouted at him angrily. "I never have been, I never will be." I said a bit softer, still turned away from him. 

"Don't yell at me then Dannica!" he shouted back at me, "If you can't see anything beautiful about yourself then get a better mirror!" he screamed furiously, "look a little damn closer! You're flawless, stop bagging on yourself all the time, it's irritating."

"Hm, wonder why I would ever do that," I said sarcastically to him. 

"I'm trying to fix that! Why are you resenting me?" he scoffed angrily. 

"It's part of me now Harry, it's going to be what I believe for now, and forever." I told him through gritted teeth. It was his fault and it would always be his fault. He grabbed his hair and ruffled it a bit, calming himself down. 

"We'll work at it, okay?" he said kindly, trying to end this arguement. I was about to regret all of this later, but I wasn't ending this right here. 

"Is that going to fix anything? Is that going to fix us?" I asked him seriously. 

"Fix us? What's wrong with us, I thought we were fine!" 

"Well you thought wrong!" I shook my head at him. 

"Why are you doing this? Is something wrong?" he asked me seriously, standing up to walk over to me. I squeezed my eyes shut as he came closer to me. 

"Look, I'm fine." I whispered to him, as he stood right in my face. 

"No you're not baby, come here." he frowned, wrapping his arms around me. I kept my arms in my pockets, not hugging him back. My eyes squeezed shut again, blocking the tears from leaking out. "You know I'm here for you, what are you keeping from me?"

"Nothing. I'm not keeping anything from you." I gasped between breaths, trying to keep myself from crying. I wasn't doing a very good job, but the tears were still in my eyes so it was alright. 

"You are." he let go of me, gripping onto my shoulders. "What's going on?" he asked me, shaking me a bit as he spoke. 

"Let go of me." I told him, even though all I wanted was for him to pull me back into his arms. He let go of me and stared at me in realization. 

"Are you.." he started. 

"Harry, I think I've made my decision." I finally just spit it out, not able to deal with anymore of these games. I was only hurting him and myself more by not saying anything. 

"Your decision?"

"I can't be your girlfriend." I shook my head at him, covering my mouth as soon as I said it. He stared at me and I shook my head, the tears finally leaving my eyes. 

"Dannica, you're fucking kidding me right now, right?" he pleaded, shaking his head frantically. "No, no, stop shaking your head. We don't have to end this," he continued to beg, on the verge of tears. 

"It's just," I looked for the words I could actually use that would convince even myself, "weird. We shouldn't be together, we aren't right for each other." I told him with shut eyes. 

"You know we are Dani," he whispered, "I know I make you happy and you make me happy. You're lying right now."

"We have a history that could never be washed away from a stupid kiss or a smile." I told him, even though I was lying. I was straight up lying to both of us. Because up until that phone call this morning, I was able to wash away our past all because of his smile. 

"Baby, you're lying. I know you are." he calmly told me, seeming confident. 

"I'm not." my voice cracked as I spoke. Of course my voice would fail me on one of the few things that was most important- lying about lying. All I needed to do was lie to him to make this easier, and even I couldn't do that. 

"This isn't what you want." he told me, mostly trying to convince himself. I pushed him away from me and began to walk over to his door to leave. If I made it to the door, I would be able to make it out of here without another look. 

"No, Dannica, wait!" he ran after me, grabbing onto my wrist. I had the door open, still holding onto the doorknob. 

"Harry it's over!" I shouted at him, trying to get away before it became even harder. 

"You said you were my girlfriend for two weeks. You can't break up with me until Sunday. Please don't do this to me," he cried to me, pulling me closer to him. He gripped my waist and walked me backwards, pinning me to the wall by the door. 

"Let me go, I need to leave." I demanded of him, trying to push him away. 

"No you don't Dani, you need to stay." he retorted. I stared up at him once I realized he was not letting me off of this wall. 

"I can't." I cried to him. 

"You think this is what you want, but you don't." he shook his head at me. "I want to be the one to call you every night when you're in New York, sing you to sleep and at the end of the day, still tell people you're mine." he told me, making me cry once again. 

"But I'm not yours." I lied to him. 

"The hell you're not. You are and you always will be. Why don't you want me anymore?" he looked down. One single tear falling down his cheek. "If you leave, you have to tell me what drove you away." he told me clearly. 

"Harry, I really really like you," I told him. 

"Just say it Dannica. Why are you hiding from it?" 

"I'm not hiding from it... It's just not true." I sighed, yet again lying. 

"You love me."

"I don't."

"You love me!"

"I don't!"

"Dannica!"

"I love you!" I shouted furiously at him, grabbing him by the face and kissing him passionately. I let go of him and pushed past him, opening the door forcefully.

"Why are you leaving me?"

~~~~~~~

A/N: AHH WOW. I was geting emotional and then I watched a sad part on a movie and I was bawling. I hate this chappie IT BREAKS MY HEART </3

sorry for the cliffhanger ;)

Stats:
October 11, 2013
27,045 reads, 1,204 votes, 580 comments
teen fic#346
fan fic#216