11

"Hey Lou." I opened the door and let him in, "Hi Maria." I spoke a bit quieter as she followed behind him. Her face stayed expressionless as she entered; I would guess that she was angry because her boyfriend was just arrested. 

"You really are ungrateful." she mumbled under her breath as she passed by me. I could have argued with her but there were multiple reasons why I did it. First of all, she was most likely right. But another part of me reminded myself that I didn't even turn him in, so it really wasn't my fault. I couldn't feel any guilt.

"Dannica!" Louis shouted at me from the top of the stair case. He had already made his way up to my room so we could chill together. I stood at the bottom of the stairs and looked back up at him. One of his hands was holding the door open, half of his body inside. "Why is there a Zayn in your room?" 

"You know Zayn too?" I was going to make a joke back to him, but I couldn't; How did he know everyone? I made my way up the stairs. "Hey Maria you can make yourself at home, my dad's room is yours, theres food in the fridge and all that jazz." I turned around and yelled back at her as I went up. 

"I know everyone." He smiled.

"Oh really? You didn't know Mack." I rose an eyebrow at him, following him into my room. We closed the door and sat on my bed. My bed was just a great spot for everyone to hang out on. Zayn was reading my messages on Tumblr, trying to help me figure it out. 

"But I know her now, so technically your argument is invalid." 

"Touche." I giggled softly and leaned over to look at the laptop.

"Apparently, he's in your english class and he's obviously close enough to hear what goes on with Harry. Name the guys that sit near you in english." Zayn claimed after a few minutes of reading.

"Okay well, in the first row it's Drake, then behind him is Trevor, next to Drake is Josh, then Liam is to the right of me, Niall is to the left of me and Harry is behind Liam. Next to Mack is Ally so," my brain was starting to hurt from all of the thinking I was doing, picturing this class. We ended up having me draw a diagram of the entire class, putting their names on small squares that resembled the desks.

"Okay your options are Josh, Harry, Niall, Liam, Zac, Trevor and Drake." Zayn confirmed as he stared at my drawing. It was a horrible one at that.

"Now let's narrow this down to a little square." louis was quick to take control of the situation. He used his finger to trace a circle around my name to narrow it down a bit. "Your choices are Zac, Trevor, Niall, Liam or Harry." Louis chuckled at the last one. "Oh god, could you imagine?" He basically asked Zayn.

"That'd be too funny." Zayn chuckled. I laughed along with them, knowing that would be absolutely absurd. "So, let's say Niall, Zac, Trevor or Liam are most likely." Zayn paid his attention back to the sheet of paper, looking up at me every so often for confirmation.

"Right, that works." I nodded along with him, " But I pretty much already figured out it wasn't Liam so we can cross him off." We had made our way to the floor, currently laying on our stomachs in a circle around the diagram. Zayn sighed loudly and fixed his statement.

"You could have mentioned that earlier ya ninny." he poked the side of my head in a mocking manner. I giggled and bit my lip as I tried to put together the pieces. Starting with Zac; He was definitely cute. He was very intelligent and had some of the most brilliant blue eyes. Nothing better than a smart guy who had good looks to match it.

Trevor on the other hand, was very athletic. Athletic as in he was the captain of the football team. He was kind of a jerk, but funny nonetheless. Athletic and funny? It was almost as good as intelligent and gorgeous. There were too many things I could say about Liam, although I know for sure it isn't him. The thought of it being Niall would never cross my mind. 

In 8th grade we liked eachother. A lot. So he asked me out and I said yes. Then we kissed and immediately we both decided that we didn't like each other very much. It was a mutual feeling too, so no ones feelings were hurt. That meant, it only left Harry. What an obnoxious thought. Even Zayn is laughing at the idea. 

"So is there anyone else you would like to cross off of the list?" Zayn mocked me and I shook my head. "So your choices are Zac, Trevor and Niall."

"But, if we're giving a wider range your choices are Zac, Trevor, Niall, Drake, and Josh."

"THEN, if we take it one step further, it could also include Marcus, James and Dominic." Louis added onto that.

"And then, we could take it a step further and it will include every guy in my english class." I faked a smiled and spoke sarcastically.

"We're back to square one." Zayn muttered.

"This is ridiculous." Louis rolled his eyes as he propped himself up with his arms. I sat criss crossed on the floor, but Zayn stayed put. He turned the picture of the desks towards him to reevaluate it. He seemed very determined to figure it out. "Hey Zayn want to make a bet?" he bounced up and down.

"20 bucks it's Trevor." Zayn smirked, taking him up on his offer.

"Fine. 20 bucks says it's Niall." Louis made a guess. I scowled at the two of them as they made bets over the guy who is currently stealing my heart. How dare they turn this into a game!

"I bet it's Zac." Maybe I felt like turning it into a game too. I wouldn't particularly be disppointed with any of the three choices. Besides, my only choice left was Zac so I might aswell atleast attempt to get some money out of it. "Deal?" They nodded. "So how do you guys know each other?" 

"Well Zayn and Harry are friends," Louis stated the obvious.

"Tell me something I don't know." I joked back at him.

"And Harry lives with me." he proceeded to explain to me. I didn't understand what he said at all.

"He lives with you? Why?" I asked him in disbelief.

"My sister and I do foster care." he said simply.

"Harry's a foster child?" I asked nervously. Zayn and him tensed up at the same time as I freaked out. It's not like I was suddenly going to become a kind, considerate, caring person to Harry. I just think that it's a fact that would help explain a lot sometimes.

"Yes." Louis nodded slowly. I sighed and stared at the floor, suddenly intrigued with the boring carpet pattern. I had no words.

"Am I going to be a foster kid?" I asked quietly.

"Well I guess under the circumstances you could be?" Louis' sentence almost sounded like a question.

"But you're going to be eighteen in a few months, so I don't think so." Zayn butt in.

"When's my birthday?" I teased him, seeing if he still remembered.

"December 23, 1995. 3:59 P.M." He added a wink at the end of his sentence. I was shocked he remembered the time and everything, although I remembered all of the details of his birthday too. It wasn't weird. I swear.

"Mine is December 24th." Louis smiled shyly.

"We're going to have a fiesta then, now aren't we?" I giggled. "So is Harry just like, going to stay alone at your house?" I asked him, remembering our previous conversation.

"Nah, I'm going to call Harry over to my house for the night." Zayn smirked, "Don't act like I didn't have a plan for this Dannica."

"You must have thought long and hard about this, huh?" 

"I had some help."

"From who?" I asked curiously. Zayn seemed brought back by my question. I guess he didn't think I would be intrigued, but of course I would want to know who did this.

"Lou." he poked at Louis arm. Zayn sure had a thing for poking at people. I smiled and nodded at them. I was thankful they did it, but I don't honestly think they thought it through enough. It wasn't really what I wanted to happen; If I wanted it to happen, I would have done it myself.

~~~

"Bye Niall!" I walked into my spanish class, leaving Niall on his way to his history class. After class had started, I sneakily took my phone out to get onto Tumblr.

To idkanamewtf: