Chapter 15

Ziva's POV

I wake up in Tony's arms. I look up to him and can't help but to smile. The bruises in his face are slowly fading. His breathing slow. It seems so surreal. After all those years we finally got together. We finally dated. We finally admitted how we felt. We've been through so much together. Things that the team know and things that the team doesn't know. And now, here I am, laying his arms, pregnant with his child. To think of it. All of the things we went through, the bad and the good, were so worth it. I take a glance at the clock and see that the team will probably be here in less than 20 minutes. I try to get out of Tony's grasp but it only tightens when I move. I kiss him hoping that will wake him up and it does. He smiles down at me with his famous smile and I just can't help myself and I smile big too. I kiss him again before crawling out of his arms. I take the chair and place it next the bed. He grabs my hand as I want to sit down on it. He pulls me closer so he can kiss the top of my belly and then my lips again. I sit down in the chair with a smile plastered on my face. I couldn't be happier than in this moment. The love of my life right there. Ready to be a father. Happy to be a father too.

About two months later, Tony is completely healed and back at work. He's been helping with the pregnancy more than I ever suspected. He wants to do everything. He wants me to be comfortable at all times. He loves carrying me to bed after a movie, or he says so at least. But I'm getting heavier to carry. We have discussed to tell the team about us but we still don't know how. How do you tell your family, you've been secretly dating for two years and that he's the father of your child? I am 6 months pregnant right now and we're expecting a twin boy and girl. We found out two weeks after he had woken up. It was our first appointment together and we were so excited and yet so scared. The doctor hadn't seen the second baby yet and sure as hell knew how to scare us. He was looking through all kinds of documents, pacing through the room, asking himself how he could have missed that. We thought something was really wrong, we were scared to death and then he tells us we're going to have twins. You can't imagine how that feels. I can't even describe the feeling.

At the moment I'm sitting in the lab of the very excited forensic specialist again. It almost feels like I'm living here with the amount of time I spend here. Abby is running around in the lab saying baby names, imagining things that will happen in the future. At first it was very annoying but I've learnt to love it. It's actually quite funny too. Her frustration grows every day I don't tell her who the father is though. I get pulled out of my thoughts by my phone ringing. Abby also stops and looks at me as I pull out my phone. 'Director David' is standing on my phone. I ask for some privacy and Abby leaves to go to her tiny office. I answer the phone the moment the doors of Abby's office close. I haven't spoken to him in two years now and suddenly he calls me. I just know that there is something going on. It doesn't take me long to figure out what he wants. He found out about my pregnancy and he is not happy. He hasn't figured out it's Tony's, luckily. He has always hated Tony but he also doesn't like the fact that the father is American. He has always planned for me to be with a man from Israel. Someone with the same believes as me.

He wants me to come home, to Israel. He wants them to grow up in Israel. Not here in America. I tell him I don't want to go but something in his tone makes it obvious he is not going to leave it at this. I hang up on him and as Abby enters again, I decide to tell nobody about why he called.