Chapter 27

Gibbs' POV

It's been already four months since the birth of Katherine and Ethan. Both babies are doing great. They're both healthy. About Ziva we can't say the same. Sure, she looks fine when you look at her, but there's more than the eye shows us. She hides the pain she feels but we see right through it. She isn't fooling us. She can smile and laugh as much as she wants, we see it. The pain that haunts her every day. The pain of the loss of her father. We've tried making her talk but nothing seems to work. She's a great mother. A great girlfriend to Tony. A great friend to every one of the team. Nothing has changed about that but she's in pain and she doesn't want to talk. It doesn't surprise us really. She's never been one to really talk about the things that bother her. Tony also told us that she cries herself to sleep every single night. They tuck the kids in together and every time Ziva goes straight to bed afterwards. The first week she pushed Tony away when he tried to lay down with her. Now she doesn't do that anymore. Now she actually crawls into his arms for comfort.

It's nice to hear that she can still open up to someone. She doesn't say what exactly is going on but she talks to him. We've found out that she cries because of her father's death. I know that there's something else too and that Tony knows about it. But they won't say it. Tony says she's getting better but I don't know. She seems the same as four months ago. Maybe she's really getting better but I just can't see it. Maybe I won't see it because I told myself the smiles and laughs were fake. Next week Ziva will also come to work again. Maybe then I'll see it too. Maybe then I'll see that she's doing better than before.

I'm sorry it's so short but I promise the next one will be longer. Thank you so much for reading. <3