The River

This scene is one of my favorites in the movie. I am so happy to write this scene with Katie in it. I do hope you enjoy reading it. If you want to check out what Katie is wearing or see what posters I created, check out my Polyvore page. Don't forget to vote, review, and enjoy the chapter.

Also, I DO NOT own anything except my OC Katie.

We all ran to the river as fast as we could. I stopped short when I saw the ice from the river melt away. My eyes grew wide. We were not going t make it.

"We need to cross now!" said Peter louder over the sound.

Lucy looks down at Mr. Beaver. "Don't beavers make dams?" she asks.

Mr. Beaver stares up at her. "I'm not that fast, dear."

"Come on." said Peter. He grabs Lucy's hand and starts to make his way down.

"Wait!" cries Susan stopping them from going further. "Will you think about this for a minute?"

"We don't have a minute." said Peter annoyed.

"I'm just trying to be realistic." said Susan.

"No, you're trying to be smart. As usual." he said. Susan glared at him.

"Look this isn't the best time for you two to be arguing right now," I said.

Susan and Peter looked at me as I rolled my eyes and turned away from them. Peter, Lucy, the Beavers and I walked down to the river while Susan stayed on the top. My head turned around when I heard a wolves' howl.

"Come on Susan. Hurry up," I screamed.

Peter puts his foot on the ice and leaps back when the ice sinks low in the water.

"Wait." said Mr. Beaver. "Maybe I should go first."

Peter looks away from the ice to him. "Maybe you should."

Mr. Beaver steps onto the ice carefully and a few times he slaps the ice with his tail. The ice cracked as he stepped onto the next piece of ice.

"You've been sneaking second helpings, haven't you?" Mrs. Beaver said.

"Well, you never know which meal's gonna be your last." He turns away from the group. "Especially with your cooking." he whispered to himself.

"I heard that," she said as he smiled back at her.

Peter looked back onto the ice he originally placed his foot on. He stepped on it again and this time it didn't sink down. I followed right behind while holding Lucy's hand. Lucy screamed as water slashed her face. I held onto her just to make sure she's ok.

"If Mum knew what we were doing..." said Susan.

"Mum's not here." he snaps back.

"Guys, please not now," I said.

When we reach the middle of the river, when Lucy looks up and her eyes widen. "Oh, no!" she cries. We turn our heads and see the pack of wolves running across on top of the waterfall.

"Run!" cries Peter.

We ran as fast as we could. I looked back up and saw the wolves were getting closer.

"Hurry," screamed Susan.

We stopped as we saw the two wolves were right in front of us. I looked behind us and saw the rest of the wolves were on the other side. We were trapped. Mr. Beaver tries to scare the wolves but it was no use. The wolf pounces and knocks him down holding him with his jaws.